Chat about cars, motorbikes and all other transport
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Another New Car Thread

Post by Hz-Lab »

Well, Got rid of the Outlander today and picked up this little beauty

07' Pajero VRX petrol V6.

took it for a little cruise along the coast tonight and I must say it's a beautiful car to drive. So solid on the road, and so Quiet. Probably the biggest complaint I had with the Outlander is that it was quite noisy. So this thing is like a dream. Heated seats are awesome too. Planning to head out and do some Country road driving tomorrow, Can't Wait.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Re: Another New Car Thread

Post by Exar Kun »

Nice. Bit of a forgotten about car these days (probably because this generation has been around for more than 10 years) but still very nice. Crazy how much they go for new!
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Exar Kun wrote:Nice. Bit of a forgotten about car these days (probably because this generation has been around for more than 10 years) but still very nice. Crazy how much they go for new!
Crazy how much they still go for used. Geez they hold their value quite well. The pricing tends to be completely unbiased towards Year of Make and more so directly relates to Mileage.I've been looking for one for a while but didn't plan to get one until next year. But this popped up with super low k's (90,000 compared to 200,000+ for every other one in our budget) and well within our price range. Turned out when we got to the yard it had another 7k on the price listing, the website price was a mistake so we made them honor it after some argument. Win! plus they gave us 17k trade in for the Outlander, which was a good 3k more than I was expecting. Was a pleasurable purchase as apposed the nightmare when buying the Outlander.
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Nice! So how long until it's filled with kids? :p

I would have thought they'd give a shithouse trade-in considering they lost 7k on the Pajero? That's 2 pretty costly mistakes. They really need to hire some new staff! lol

Actually where'd you get it? I might trade in the Courier :)
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

we didn't even ask for more trade in, that's just what they offered straight up. I was shocked really. I thought I would of had to push to get 15k trade on it. And the 7k difference, well, it's a car yard, they still would of sold it more than their rock bottom price, lets be honest. Had It had the full price on it I would of tried arguing it down to what we got it for anyway. But I probably would of never gone and looked at it had it not been the price on the website.

So, there is a fair chance I was just part of a normal everyday scam...lol. Pretty happy with the deal though. Felt pretty awesome not having to organize finance for a vehicle. something I never really thought I'd ever do.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

I wouldnt be surprised if its the old bait and switch. We went to a yard looking at a demo X-Trail with only a few thousand kms on it and when we got there it had about 10k more than advertised. They apolosgised and said it must have been a web site mistake. It got us in the front door and then they showed us their new cars and we ended up with one. Fell for it hook, line and sinker. Well played car yard.
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Bike Exchange are masters at it.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

No switch at least, its definitely the same car. Probably plenty of Bait though. I wouldn't be surprised if it was genuine though as their yard price was about spot on for the k's and condition. Regardless, I'm stoked with it and thats all that matters in the end I guess.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

oh, and I would set up Fuelly, apart from the fact I am frightened to. 13.5/100 or something. Be a change from the 9.5/100 the outlander was rated at, even though 10.5 was more realistic to what we saw. Still better than the 19.5/100 the falcon used to get..lol
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

Looks nice Hz. Wouldn't mind an off-roader, doing much more stuff out in the mountains and down the coast off road and would like to do some serious exploring.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Yeah we bought this with the intent of getting away a bit more. Hoping to get a camper trailer early next year so might head off on some outback adventures
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

We were just driving around the NT and all I could think was it would be great to have a proper vehicle to just go out in on the weekend and try to get lost :)
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

Do it Vil, theres nothing better than seeing a dirt road and wondering where it ends up. Sometimes you find some amazing places.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Yeah it's actually what we spent most of yesterday doing, just thru the hills, exploring. Nothing too offroad but some good fun dirt tracks