Chat about stuff you've seen
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Skyfall

Post by Big Kev »

Went to see this this afternoon.
A rather hefty £9.50 for a ticket!!

Good film. Some great action sequences, a well played baddie, goes a little flat in the middle for a while but a great ending.

7/10
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
richo

Re: Skyfall

Post by richo »

Really enjoyed it and will probably go again , Javier Badem plays a great role and i though it was pretty well paced .
[]D [] []v[] []D
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Big Kev wrote:Went to see this this afternoon.
A rather hefty £9.50 for a ticket!!

Good film. Some great action sequences, a well played baddie, goes a little flat in the middle for a while but a great ending.

7/10
I'm interested to have a look, even though newer bond films often don't interest me much, this one looks better. I don't really like Daniel Craig that much as a bond though.

Your movies are cheap. Here you'd be paying closer to £12. Which is why I struggle to see the value anymore when I have such a good TV and sound setup.

Sent from Han Solo using TK-421's phone.
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

If you think about the previous one or maybe two... is Skyfall "done" or does it play out like them?
J.D.
Rat

Post by J.D. »

I saw it last night and was left with mixed feelings about it.

I like Daniel Craig but I thought this story lacked any real direction. Sometimes that works because life is rarely so simply resolved as we expect it to be in movies. However, I think in this case the story can't really make up its mind what it's actually about. On one hand the basic plot is quite easy but the background story is confused. The flavours keep changing and I don't think it entirely works. I think it was their way of trying to repair some of the damage done 10-15 years ago.

So, in answer to your question, I would have to say no. It doesn't play out like them and it isn't really satisfactorily "done". But it is still enjoyable for Bond fans and there are some excellent new angles for the series to continue with. I sort of see it as a junction between where Bond has been for the last few years (in recovery mode after the stupidity of the Pierce Brosnan era) and the future.
сначала мы убиваем американского лося и белку.

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell.

Proudly never a mod or admin at RSC from 2001 - 2009.