New bike!

Chat about cars, motorbikes and all other transport
wild
Master artist
Master artist

New bike!

Post by wild »

Finally hit the 12 month mark on my red motorcycle P's, which given that I'm over 25 and on my unrestricted car licence, the RTA let me upgrade to my unrestricted motorcycle licence for the grand price of 24 dollars.

So my 20 year old CBR250RR just wasn't going to cut it anymore! :nod:

A bit of browsing on eBay led me to this beauty, which I picked up today:

It's a 2007 Yamaha FZ6S sports tourer, 20,000km on the clock with one owner who has never really ridden it in anger. It's powered by a detuned R6 engine, not that you'd know it with 0-100km/h times under 4 seconds (which I can vouch for :D ) and a top speed of over 250km/h!

Should give me the ideal mix of comfortable commuting around town, with enough grunt for a blast around the Hunter Valley when I feel the urge. :tilt:
Brett_S

Re: New bike!

Post by Brett_S »

Nice :yes:

I've got a 2005 FZ6 which I picked up about 6 months ago

I've been using it mostly as a commuter, it's nice to ride and has enough power to get out of and into trouble :)

Only thing I don't like about it is that the clutch friction point is right at the end and really narrow - caught me out a couple of times from an uphill start

Ended up getting an adjustable lever off eBay which made it easier to manage

Happy Riding :D
This is the way the world works, if you want want to find some quality friends you have to wade through all the d**ks first - Eric Cartman
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

Nice one Wild, ride safe mate :)
wild
Master artist
Master artist

Post by wild »

Brett_S wrote:Only thing I don't like about it is that the clutch friction point is right at the end and really narrow - caught me out a couple of times from an uphill start
Ah, I haven't had any problems with the clutch. I'm still getting used to it though, I keep dropping the clutch really fast like I had to with gearchanges on my CBR250RR, finding I don't need to do that on the Yamaha :P

The only other problem I'm finding is I could do with being an inch or two taller - if the bike's parked pointing downhill I have a bit of trouble backing it out of a parking spot :tilt:

So far it's making a great commuter, and hopefully very soon I'll have the chance to get it out on a back road somewhere and see how it goes as a sports bike :D