1978 BMW 728

Chat about cars, motorbikes and all other transport
Santaria

1978 BMW 728

Post by Santaria »

I've come across what I think is an idea. It's a 1978, Bimmer 728. It apparently runs well and I have some pics showing my that majorly, it's intact. They want it gone for $200 as it was a free project that never got off the ground. I've always wanted a project car, but something that didn't need too much to get going.

Should I grab it for the $200 or let this one go by and look for something else to invest time into? I'm not even sure if it'd be a good car just to weekender it or anything.

Any advice would be welcome.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Re: 1978 BMW 728

Post by wobblysauce »

E23's are nice to look at, being 1978 has got the carby, some say easier to work on then the injection model that came after 1979.

And if it is running, always a better start then one that isn't.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
macca
Founder
Founder

Post by macca »

For $200 it hardly matters, you could turn it into an art car if nothing else happens :D Beemeres can be bloody expensive though, my E34 535is has cost a bomb over the years, lots of fun when running properly though !
I don't know where I'm going but I'm on my way!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zedmacca/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Crowella

Post by Crowella »

That sounds like an awesome project car. I'd go for it.

Now... pics?
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

macca wrote:For $200 it hardly matters, you could turn it into an art car if nothing else happens :D Beemeres can be bloody expensive though, my E34 535is has cost a bomb over the years, lots of fun when running properly though !
It is more about pre-maintenance care, then fix it when some thing goes wrong in bimmers.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.