The Dark Knight Rises

Chat about stuff you've seen
Sarsippius

The Dark Knight Rises

Post by Sarsippius »

I'm looking forward to this one, really enjoyed the first two and this looks like it could be just as good. I'm trying not to let the expectations build up too much though as that usually just ends up ruining it.

Interesting that they're planning another reboot, a reboot of a reboot but I guess it's to be expected with movie companies these days. Still you never know so I'll try to keep an open mind.
Woodee
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Re: The Dark Knight Rises

Post by Woodee »

I can't wait to see this on the big screen to... the trailer gave me goosebumps. I love me a bit of Dark Knight!
My Fundraising Journey

Raised over £1000 for the Scoliosis Campaign Fund from 2011-2013.
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

I "loved it". In my mind thank fuck Nolan did these movies because the others ones were just so shit.

Rating out of five;

Batman Begins: 4.5
The Dark Knight: 5
The Dark Knight Rises: hrmm 4.5 or 5, I can't decide yet.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Just watched this after buying on bluray and don't see the huge attraction to it. It's not a bad movie or anything, just nothing special.

Sent from Han Solo using TK-421's phone.
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

I'm not sure if I liked it as much as the second but still really enjoyed it. Saw it at the cinemas and have it to watch at home this weekend, looking forward to a second run through. The final 30 minutes is what really sealed this movie for me, highlighted the job they did throughout with the story and building the characters that I could feel so strongly about the climax. :yes:
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

I thought this was boring. The whole plot of bane being the ultimate and then it fizzled out. Plus banes voice over was terrible.

The characters weren't as interesting.

I

guess for me the second one was so good because of heath ledgers acting. He made that movie.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

I actually enjoyed this one more than the second.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

I didnt sleep at all in this one. I think that had something do do with Miss Hathaway!

Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

Finally got round to seeing this at the weekend.

Pretty good but I don't find Bale particularly likeable so that probably takes the edge off it. I think this was probably the best of the three (tbh I can't even remember the others) and the second half the of the film really nailed it.

Maybe I'm getting old but I think I'm getting a bit bored of the Hollywood cliches now; the heavily choreographed karate fights, henchmen being conveniently knocked out in one punch, the "arrived just in time" moments, the 20kg woman decking a 100kg bodybuilder etc. I know it's expected in a Batman film but I've seen it a million times now.

Hathaway look good though. :D
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Yeah I know what you mean. And films these days seem so linear in pace. It feels like there aren't the peaks and troughs. I watched the godfather the other day and I had seen it years ago, but basically couldn't remember anything. And I found myself thinking about the film days later. It's always an indicator to me of a decent film. Movies these days seem to be written for people with ADHD and the attention span of a small dog.

Sent from Han Solo using TK-421's phone.
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

Action films, certainly. There are still some gems coming out of Hollywood (Inception, Black Swan spring to mind) but I get the impression the majority of their films, TV and music are designed to fit formulas and patterns rather than imagination and fun. It's almost like they have a checksheet during the edit.

We watched Friends With Benefits the other week (Mila Kunis boobage) and in that they take the piss out of romantic comedy cliches in a few scenes of hilarious self-awareness, and then the film goes on to use those exact cliches later on. I still don't know if they were being ironic or moronic.