G25 / G27 Mods

General game chat
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Re: G25 / G27 Mods

Post by Duke »

I'm sure I read somewhere that the spring is designed to collapse on itself towards the end of it compression but all I can find now is this statement in the FAQ.
"The pedal will allow you to also push beyond threshold should you wish."
I wonder if the click is to do with this over threshold indication but if designed that way then wouldn't you mention / promote it as that?
I may send an email to then to ask but as you say it is hardly audible but I do feel it through my foot.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

Flinty, So how is it all going now?

Just set my wheel back up and I cant hear anything from the brake mod actually. Could of just being the reseating of the tube, as full compression is locked in by the gearing of the pot with a physical bit touching the base of the pedal.

Re-watching ISR video, Undoing the bottom bracket is good for the Accel and Clutch, but not the brake as it is to close to the clutch to pull the bolt out.
When putting it back together, if he did it upside down it is much easier to put the wires into place.

Still don't see why he went on about the paint on the spring as you do not see it.

Just did a bit of a session playing a few games I did not get to full spring compression. Even started to get a bit tired, guess I need to start doing more to get the endurance back.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

It's all sort of on hold at the moment wobbly.

You see I realised that since I have to have the sim rig in the garage then I had to do some repairs & improvements before I would be able to sim in there.
So the last 2 weeks has seen me replace & fit 2 new polycarbopnate roofing panels & its complete gutter system. As old ones were rooted & leaked like a sieve.
Now I'm skinning the interior walls around one corner where the PVC sim rig will go, to give it some nice lined walls. Which will hopefully also improve the comfort all year round.
I should be done this weekend with all the garage reno's then I'm back to getting the sim rig operational. I did get my Bodnar pedal cable today at least. :)
Dukester

wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

Ha, just had a thought.. you could use the piping for Ducting Cool/Warm air depending on the season.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Found some Aussies doing a SLI type dash with different mounting options, they look damn impressive.
http://www.siminstruments.com/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Support for different games is still coming but it will work with a few of the common sims right now.
Neil, they offer a Carbon fibre G25/G27 mount plate but no price as they are out of stock right now, leaves me wonder where they are getting them from.

[youtube] [/youtube]
Dukester

NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Flinty72 wrote:Found some Aussies doing a SLI type dash with different mounting options, they look damn impressive.
http://www.siminstruments.com/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Support for different games is still coming but it will work with a few of the common sims right now.
Neil, they offer a Carbon fibre G25/G27 mount plate but no price as they are out of stock right now, leaves me wonder where they are getting them from.

[youtube] [/youtube]
That looks alot better than Getting one made up. I stalled out because I just couldnt be bothered and when i priced up the Sli Pro By leo Bodnar, it was 300ish just for the electronics. then another However much for the Mount. Its not really worth doing a one off.

Plus id have to make it look good so its enclosed on the back (so no wires exposed) and i just thought, MEH. haha.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Im actualy contemplating buying a fanatecs CSW in the near future. unsure though as my sim racing isnt big at the moment.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

NeilPearson wrote:Im actualy contemplating buying a fanatecs CSW in the near future. unsure though as my sim racing isnt big at the moment.
Funny you should say that as I too have the CSW on my wishlist, along with the CS vII pedals & their Seq shifter.
But it will depend how much I get back into sim racing once the rig is finished, my G25 is practically new after I replaced it under warranty just as I finished simming all those years ago.
But then I look at what some of my cycling stuff costs & for what your getting the CS stuff for it's pretty bloody good value imho.
Dukester

NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Yeah if your G25 is new might aswell hack it to bits and add stuff. Mine is a few years old now, the sequential is a bit borked and so are the buttons on the wheel. (i can fix this im just lazy... notice a trend??)

it all depends on the use. if your going to use it itll be worth it. have you got the sim to a state you can use it yet?

With my Tax return im unsure to spend it on new Radio Gear for RC or CSW. RC will actualy cost less... its a hard decision!!
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

Flinty I bought the Fast Track shoes recently and they're pretty good for what they are, just a light weight, slim and comfortable shoe and I think they'll last for a long time. I previously had some ancient sim-socks from my LFS days so they took a little getting used to but not much at all. I went for the sheet soles but one thing I wasn't expecting was the sole is closer to a softish plastic than a soft rubber you'd find on sneakers. The pedals on my CSP v2's are like a smooth aluminium and the shoes slip slided all over the place at first, I put two strips of velcro on both the clutch and brake and they're sweet now.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Thanks mate, I actually wrote to them & they recommended the sim-sock version to as I said I was only using a G25 but given I have the CSP V2's on my wishlist (doesn't everyone?) then this is good feedback. Although the rubber soled version does mean a little less tactile feedback but more protection for stiff pedal sets which I guess would be for a load-cell set.
So then I considered something like a Puma sport shoe (if that web-store is even legit?). I did go check them out & I think they would do the same job tbh.
But I'll wait until I get the rig built to see if I need something like these depending how serious I get with it all.
Dukester