Guild Wars 2

General game chat
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Re: Guild Wars 2

Post by r8response »

wobblysauce wrote:It was all fun and good till they banned people for selling to a vender in game.

You mean knowingly using an exploit. Well deserved ban.
Pinger$

Post by Pinger$ »

Just started playing again for the first time in a couple months... still having fun with it :)
Aiming for 100% map completion - at about 90%. One day.
Luigi only likes Ferraris.
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

It wasn't an exploit.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Nah, buying shit cheap and then selling it to a broken vendor isn't exploiting the games mechanics at all.....

I guess the Lead Producer for GW2 doesn't know what he is talking about either.
"We take our community and the integrity of the game very seriously, and want to be clear that intentionally exploiting the game is unacceptable," he wrote. "The players we banned were certainly intentionally and repeatedly exploiting a bug in the game.
Reddit Post
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

It was valid in the beta and still there on release, if it was an exploit simple thing would of been to stop the vendor from buying it or being able to sell the food you made.

Why have crafting in the game at all then if you cant use it, removed the vendor till fixed, but no Ban hammers all round, as it was a once off purchase, to sell more copys, from release it was more then 2 months before they did anything.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Pinger$

Post by Pinger$ »

it was a ban, but they still let you do the right thing and get off with a suspension if you got rid of your profits.
Luigi only likes Ferraris.