Fuelly.

Chat about cars, motorbikes and all other transport
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Re: Fuelly.

Post by dvestate »

A bit over the top on it and for me just point out something everyone knows that real world will never get to the sticker on the screen.

Would be good if they could get the dash readouts within a couple of % though :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Crowella

Post by Crowella »

I don't believe the "sticker" fuel consumption labels are entirely accurate at all. I've got under the "sticker" average for extra urban quite a few times, at one point, by 0.8L/100km while I've only ever been able to get close to going over the urban consumption when I have the air con blasting and really pushing it and even then, that's pretty tough to get up that high.

Oddly though, my current consumption average in my car's lifetime is exact to the combined fuel figure on the "sticker".

dvestate, my dash readout is within +0.1-0.2L/100km of my actual fuel consumption so they're pretty accurate. The definitions of what is Urban/Extra Urban/Combined is not accurate however so the sticker is just really a vague guide for comparison between vehicles and a ball park figure. It's all in the driving, loading, use of vehicle and the conditions.
petey

Post by petey »

Incar readouts would be quite tricky to get right I reckon. There is also the fact some of them don't include time spent at 0km/h.
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

While time at 0 would be a factor as long as the know the actual amount of fuel in the tank at all times the car should be pretty close. Its getting that amount correct that would be most critical

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

With the Stop/Start tech getting better there is quite a bit of fuel savings to be had.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Gusto

Post by Gusto »