Citroen DS5

Chat about cars, motorbikes and all other transport
Brett_S

Citroen DS5

Post by Brett_S »

The engine light has come on in the VW Tiguan so the wife and I are now going into hypotheticals on what car we get next...

She's decided on the Citroen DS5

Having not driven it I have no idea what it would be like but the feature list is impressive and the wife is a bit of a gadget lover so she likes the HUD, cockpit like interior and the watch style leather seats (optional). Along with some other stuff like automatic seat adjustment and keyless entry and start.

Anyone had any experience with Citroens? Personally I wouldn't buy it based on the brand, but I guess most cars are not made in their parent countries nowadays so the brand isn't much of a guide to quality/reliability.
This is the way the world works, if you want want to find some quality friends you have to wade through all the d**ks first - Eric Cartman
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Re: Citroen DS5

Post by Exar Kun »

Certainly a form over function purchase but I tend to like it when people buy something a little different just because it's different. You'd get most of those gadgets in a VF Commodore in a much bigger and more powerful package for a similar purchase price. Hell even the new Mazda 3 comes with all that stuff (yep, even the HUD).

However, I reckon they look kind of cool (whole point of the DS range really) and it's nice to see other stuff on our roads so go for it! PSA don't have a huge presence in this country anymore (Renault are absolutely stomping them now in the battle of the Frenchies) but really, very few new cars are actually bad in any way and there's nothing revolutionary in the mechanicals of the DS5 - it's all standard fare underneath the body.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Brett_S

Post by Brett_S »

Too true, I haven't seen one on the road yet. And yeah the general mechanicals would be ok.

I have seen a DS4 but for some reason they decided to make that one without wind down rear windows so that was off the cards straight away.

Anyway, still hypothetical - couldn't get the Tiggy in for an inspection until the 10th of Feb so until we know what the problem is with the car I guess we're undecided on whether we even get a new one :)
This is the way the world works, if you want want to find some quality friends you have to wade through all the d**ks first - Eric Cartman
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

"The engine light has come on"

Is that like "the ashtray is full, time for a new car" but for the 21st century?
--------------
Stu
Brett_S

Post by Brett_S »

Bauer wrote:"The engine light has come on"

Is that like "the ashtray is full, time for a new car" but for the 21st century?
Haha, exactly! :D It still drives okay (idle is a bit high, and the cooling fan goes nuts when it's turned off even though it's not hot)

But it's like 5 years old now and it's perfect record of mechanical trouble is tarnished now :nod:
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Bauer wrote:"The engine light has come on"

that was my first thought, too :)

On topic; my brother had a couple of Citroëns, the latest is still running (can't recall exactly which model, probably C5) and he's been fairly happy with them. (he's not buying them new, not sure if it makes a difference here) They are similar to other cars; as long as regularly serviced they seem to go all right. They are very nice & comfy cars, often with nice nifty little extra features. And I don't like them either, for some reason :)
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Hey Brett - just hold on and wait for this baby to hit showroom floors!

http://www.caradvice.com.au/268560/citr ... er-leaked/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Brett_S

Post by Brett_S »

Haha, wonder how many Cactus jokes will be made when one of these breaks down.

And think of all the people who will try out the low impact protection by ramming trolleys into it or by sideswiping bicycle riders :)

Still, like that Citroen are taking the concept designs to production cars unlike many other conservative makes.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Yep, it's nice to see things other than Corollas & Camrys everywhere.
Dan
Wobbly2.0

Post by Dan »

The Todd Norbury appreciation society
Brett_S

Post by Brett_S »

Well, it turned out the engine light was caused by a faulty exhaust sensor, $490 to replace.. At least they washed and vacuumed the car :)

Wife is still keen on the DS5 tho, might save some pennies and think about looking come end of financial year. Should be able to get a good deal in.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk