Rust

General game chat
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Re: Rust

Post by Rots »

Apparantly the hackers have already bypassed Cheatpunch. :(

Really want a bolt action... then the sniping can begin!
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

well, it was still a 5000-cheater ban, if nothing else it pays for the further facepunch development :)
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

[youtube] [/youtube]
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Fuck me. Connected. Configuring keys and dead! LOL

Edit. Not dead. Unconscious it seems.

Is this normal?

Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Brett_S

Post by Brett_S »

Oh snap, if Norbs is playing I might get on :)

ARSEclan?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
This is the way the world works, if you want want to find some quality friends you have to wade through all the d**ks first - Eric Cartman
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

There are hackers unfortunately. I've been playing on servers with active admin and once they catch people hacking/exploiting they are swift to ban them from the server.
norbs

Post by norbs »

I will have to have a read about how to get on. Be belted with rocks a few times now. Fuckers :)
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

Pro Tip: The door code 6996 is quite common on peoples bases. Tonight I gained access to two bases on two different servers with that code... lots of free gear for me :)
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Why that code?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

NeilPearson wrote:Why that code?

men are drawn to 69 for whatever reason...my first code was 6969, and it got guess-hacked the first night, too :)
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

ysu wrote:

men are drawn to 69 for whatever reason...my first code was 6969, and it got guess-hacked the first night, too :)
Living in hope would be my 1st guess. :nod:
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Shonky wrote:
ysu wrote:

Living in hope would be my 1st guess. :nod:
nah that code would be blowjobblowjob :D
richo

Post by richo »

Got the game , seems like fun apart from the huge amounts of trolls and fuckwits . Maybe it's the server's I have been on or maybe I have a very low tolerance for online tards these days.
[]D [] []v[] []D
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

richo wrote:Got the game , seems like fun apart from the huge amounts of trolls and fuckwits . Maybe it's the server's I have been on or maybe I have a very low tolerance for online tards these days.
Play with mates (rots for example, and he'll introduce you to other ppl)

But to learn the game, you can start off on very low populated community servers. You need to learn the lay of the land and the basic stuff, and it's near-impossible on any server with 30+ population.
richo

Post by richo »

Yes that's probably the go , my first experience was gather wood +stone make a house , kill pigs and cook the chicken that comes from the pigs? while 4 tards are beating shit out of my shack till the door gives then a single shotgun blast to the face.

And yes I rage quit :)
[]D [] []v[] []D
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

it's commonplace. ok few tips for sanity retainer:
- turn off grass (hit F1, type "grass.on false") - better visibility
- turn off nudity censor, you can tell who's really nude, easier (F1, censor.nudity false)
- don't put your shack in the middle of a field. Or anywhere open. Hide it amongst rocks. Always.
- shacks are very temporary, build a small house (1x1) with a metal door - or 4 if you can. (metal doors take 2 C4's and can't be hacked down. Wooden wall takes 1 c4, usually. The shack is the weakest thing, wood wall is much better) You'll still get brake-ins, but less.
- build multiple bases. There's no un-raidable base.
- when you see a group wandering, especially if they're dressed, don't be a hero; hide.
- Hiding is your best defence. Hide your bases, hide yourself, hide everything in multiple places. Until you have a group to play with, that is. :)

don't worry the game is about survival, and for now the biggest hurdle is other players :) So you'll die and get raided very regularly.

...and everything tastes like chicken :)
norbs

Post by norbs »

Is there a good resource to learn how to play?

Maybe it is the muddled head, but I am struggling to do anything apart from collect wood.
Brett_S

Post by Brett_S »

Managed to get 30mins to play tonight but got eaten by a wolf thing..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
This is the way the world works, if you want want to find some quality friends you have to wade through all the d**ks first - Eric Cartman
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

norbs wrote:Is there a good resource to learn how to play?

Maybe it is the muddled head, but I am struggling to do anything apart from collect wood.
few guides here, not too shabby either:
http://rust.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Guides" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What you want, in a nutshell, is to do the basics first;
- get a stone axe,
- a fire, cook some food, and
- get a hut &
- a sleeping bag (you respawn at the bag after dying).

So you need some stone, make the axe, hunt down pigs/chicks, get a good amount of cloth & wood, cook the food in a hidden location, then build quickly. If you're really lucky you may build the hut then cook the food (it's better to do the cooking hidden) but for that you need to find those resources real quick.
richo

Post by richo »

Got my Rust on pretty good now but I can't make a proper home as even foundation I lay instantly disintegrates and disappears? Wtf am I doing wrong?
[]D [] []v[] []D
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

richo wrote:Got my Rust on pretty good now but I can't make a proper home as even foundation I lay instantly disintegrates and disappears? Wtf am I doing wrong?
I've never seen that - maybe a very quick rate of decay on that server?
richo

Post by richo »

Been on three servers now all the same put it down an snap gone . I have been told its because the server needs a reset.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
[]D [] []v[] []D
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

I have been giving this a hiding lately.

Got on a server with a couple of blokes from work - This is new to me as I have never mixed my gaming with any work mates (except Haze but he doesnt count and we only worked together for a few months anyway) but I am having a ball. We play at night then catch up during the day to laugh about it.

We built a biggish base, multiple metal doors, false rooms etc. Then 1 night last week, 4 blokes armed to the teeth decided to take us on. The battle was epic and to make along story short, we got raped and pillaged and basically outplayed. Lost everything. Next day at work, we couldnt stop smiling about it when we talked. Despite losing, it was awesome fun.

Had a few other encounters, some you win, most i dont. We decided to step it up a notch and now play on a server with a bigger population. This is a lot harder to get established and I have been taken down for the few bits of wood or ore that I had been out collecting. Just today I was in a shelter with the wood door closed when 2 blokes started hacking it down. I opened the door and shot 1 with an arrow and closed the door. When I opened the door to do it again, I missed and he got in my shelter b4 I closed it. He then hacked my with his hatchet. He got the stuff I was collecting but nothing more. Unless you are going out to fight, it doesnt pay to take any good stuff with you. Better off losing small when you get gang mauled while minding your own business. Epic fun :up:
--------------
Stu
richo

Post by richo »

I have been enjoying it a bit lately but to be honest on a PVE server until I get it down but still fun hunting those red bastard animals.
[]D [] []v[] []D
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

PVE was better with the zombies... they were a bit more of a threat.

I like joining high pop servers and seeing how long I can last. I often use decayed bases as temporary locations and hide in the hills. Found a few places in the hills I can log off safely in and not get killed in my sleep.