Obutto Ozone Triple Screen Setup

Computer and electronic gizmo support.
Jiminee

Obutto Ozone Triple Screen Setup

Post by Jiminee »

Afternoon lads - Posted this over at iRacing to but I'm desperate now so if anyone can offer any ideas - would be hugely appreciated.

Came home yesterday with three of these:

http://www.lg.com/au/it-monitors/lg-24EN43V" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Got a good price on them as I bought three but when I went to mount them to this:

http://simparts.co.nz/index.php?route=p ... duct_id=54" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My problems started. The DVI plug would not slide past the bottom bar of the mount so that was the end of that without modifying the frame - which I would really like to avoid. It was really a tight run thing, no more than 5 mm extra clearance required which makes it even more frustrating.

So after going to four electrical retailers this morning (all with a limited range given I live in regional Australia) and coming up empty I am looking for a suggestion here for a screen that is known to work with the Obutto Ozone triple screen mount and has a DVI outlet so I can plug it into my GTX 690. I am after something in the 24-27 inch range and would prefer something closer to 60 Hz than 120 at this stage, though I am flexible on that.

Any help/recommendations would be greatly appreciated guys.

Thanks
Last edited by Jiminee on Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XLV SPORT
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Re: Obutto Ozone Triple Screens Suggestions

Post by AstrO »

You could always get DVI to HDMI cables. The smaller plug may make it easier to fit, although I'm not sure if the location of the HDMI port on the monitor will be an advantage or not (going by the photo's on the LG site).
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

AstrO wrote:You could always get DVI to HDMI cables. The smaller plug may make it easier to fit, although I'm not sure if the location of the HDMI port on the monitor will be an advantage or not (going by the photo's on the LG site).
Sounds like the best way to go. It's a shame you got the Ozone one, the new triple monitor stand is dead easy and has no bars at all in the way.

Maybe there's like an adaptor DVI-DVI around? like the millions of USB plugs that are like L-shapes and all sorts?
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

Seems like the trick is to go with a BenQ monitor - designed for gaming and has the plugs well away from the VESA mount and pointing down rather than straight out.

http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/computer ... tor/697048" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

$10 cheaper a monitor to and better spec. Looks like BenQ design their monitors with gaming in mind so they do all the little things that make life easier. I currently have a BenQ monitor and its really nice, just too old to find two similar ones and its also the reason I did not find out about this problem till now.

Using a HDMI cable would not help as the HDMI plug on the LGs is even more well blocked.
XLV SPORT
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

That is indeed a blocked porting issue, and one of the issues of the first monitor mount from them, if you got the Obutto R3volution Triple Monitor Mount on the other hand it fixes that issue from a different baseplate design.

Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Jiminee

Re: Obutto Ozone Triple Screen Setup

Post by Jiminee »

Well it has been a bit of journey but finally have everything in place.
Still need to do a little tweaking on the final screen position (angle) but really happy with it all so far.

Have personalised it with the HDT horny button, roll cage padding and SAAS shifter knob. In addition I have a set of CST pedals, TrackIR, Buttkicker and have extended the arm on the shifter mount to make that more comfortable.
XLV SPORT
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Damn that it's sexy

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
richo

Post by richo »

As Neil said that is quite sexual and makes my G25 bolted to the desk look very ordinary.
[]D [] []v[] []D
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Damn Jiminee, I have about 400 questions about your equipment... I goin gaga!!!

Where did you buy that wheel?
What pedals are you using?
Where did you buy the buttkicker ?
Where is the buttkicker mounted, underseat, pedals or desk?
Do you use simvibe for the buttkicker or just standard sound?

Also great to see you shifting on the RH. :D
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

I love the car track carpet mat! :up:
eek
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

Flinty72 wrote:Damn Jiminee, I have about 400 questions about your equipment... I goin gaga!!!

Where did you buy that wheel?
What pedals are you using?
Where did you buy the buttkicker ?
Where is the buttkicker mounted, underseat, pedals or desk?
Do you use simvibe for the buttkicker or just standard sound?

Also great to see you shifting on the RH. :D
Ask as much as you like Flinty, happy to help.

Bought the wheel from Pagnian ages ago when they had the Fanatec deal. Its the CSR Elite so the wheel does not come off so it is a couple of years old. Also bought the Ozone from him when he was based in Adelaide. Top guy to deal with.
The pedals are CST bought through Tony Pearce who I strongly recommend not doing business with as I have said on the forums here in the past. He seemed to get better for a while but has now disappeared again so use at your own risk. They are great pedals though, nothing wrong with the product at all.
Buttkicker was bought from the iRacing forums and is mounted under the seat. For most of its life it was mounted just to the right of the seat but was recently shifted when I moved everything around to accomodate the right hand side shifter.
No simvibe yet, though the box does have a soundcard to accomodate that in the future.

To be honest shifting on the right is a pain in the butt as it means I lost my shelf for the mouse so I have to use the chair but I am working on a neater solution.

Floor mat was a $10 job from Spotlight. Always wanted one this big as a kid so I finally got one!
XLV SPORT
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Awesome setup Jiminee, making me jelly. Cant wait to finish mine.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.