Doom

Post by Gusto »

The movie's coming out soon...

http://www.doommovie.com/

Downloading the trailer now...
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Is this the one that doesn't actually have anything to do with the moons of Mars, or demons from hell, or being a space marine...? :D

edit: no it's not! I'd heard rumours before Doom 3 came out about a movie being made that had nothing to do with Doom really but this sounds like a fairly faithful rip of the game. And it's got The Rock. I think his full range of facial expressions will have to come into play for this role :nod: :D
Cutter
Legend in his own lunchtime
Legend in his own lunchtime

Post by Cutter »

Exar Kun wrote: I think his full range of facial expressions will have to come into play for this role :nod: :D
What, both of them?
Cutter ~ Carl Rickard

Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Cutter wrote:
Exar Kun wrote: I think his full range of facial expressions will have to come into play for this role :nod: :D
What, both of them?
He has more than one? :eek:
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

The people's eye brow, and...
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.
fp

Post by fp »

It would be so cool if such a movie was filmed entirely in the first person...

kinda like watching FPS replays, except you have no idea whats going to happen next.
This will be my signature until Dexter Bean qualifies for a NASCAR race. Keep chasing that dream...
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

fp wrote:It would be so cool if such a movie was filmed entirely in the first person...

kinda like watching FPS replays, except you have no idea whats going to happen next.
in the case of Doom, does that mean he only has the choice of a torch or a gun?
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

The Rock is the only guy that can carry that many guns at one time behind his back.
Gusto

Post by Gusto »

fp wrote:It would be so cool if such a movie was filmed entirely in the first person...

Apparently there will be a scene or two that are filmed in first person (these may not be like 2 second shots, but more extended shots I think :D )
TIMMY30

Post by TIMMY30 »

Just got home from seeing this movie :D . All ill say so not to spoil the movie is, you really want to see this on the big screen because the first person scene (which was nothing short of absolutly brilliant) would not be the same on a small screen in the average lounge room in my opinion. If youre a fan of fps games see this movie :nod:
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

How long is the film in FPS mode ??
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
TIMMY30

Post by TIMMY30 »

The FPS scene went for about 10-15 minutes. Was absolutly unreal on the big screen. Even if you hate the entire rest of the movie this scene makes the whole 2 hours worthwhile :nod: . Although i think the reviews on this movie (pretty much all of them really said this movie was crap) were very inaccurate and i thoroughly enjoyed it.
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

I guess we know why he changed his name.
---------------------
Doom

Running time: 100 mins
Rating: MA 15+
Director: Andrzej Bartkowiak
Cast: Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Karl Urban, Rosamund Pike, Ben Daniels, Razaaq Adoti
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
Gusto

Post by Gusto »

TIMMY30 wrote:The FPS scene went for about 10-15 minutes. Was absolutly unreal on the big screen. Even if you hate the entire rest of the movie this scene makes the whole 2 hours worthwhile :nod: . Although i think the reviews on this movie (pretty much all of them really said this movie was crap) were very inaccurate and i thoroughly enjoyed it.
:iagree:
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

Well First Person Perspective is not new to Cinema. What is unusual about this is that it represents a moment when the film becomes a game rather than a game becoming a film. That is what I find interesting about it. It is certainly a point in time where we are starting to see more and more comodified cinematic elements. This is just the latest of them. If it works (and but that I mean exeptance by the mainstream) we will see more and more films adopting this approach. It Will be battle between cinematographers / directors and marketing / studios.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Maybe this game view->movie idea could take off. Then we'll have movies in platform/side scroller view and follow the protagonist around in 3rd person view like Max Payne.

Imagine "Evil Genius: The movie" filmed entirely in isometric view. :)
Gusto

Post by Gusto »

DarrenM wrote:Maybe this game view->movie idea could take off. Then we'll have movies in platform/side scroller view and follow the protagonist around in 3rd person view like Max Payne.

Imagine "Evil Genius: The movie" filmed entirely in isometric view. :)
If you analyse Kubrick's The Shining, you'll realise that the majority of the film is shot from one angle, just like side scrollers.

What we need is high definition cameras compact enough to fit on miniture computer controlled helicopters. That'd make the 3rd person beaut
Sambo
Horse
Horse

Post by Sambo »

GustoAU wrote: What we need is high definition cameras compact enough to fit on miniture computer controlled helicopters. That'd make the 3rd person beaut
you mean like that guy who circles around mario in Mario 64? :p
TIMMY30

Post by TIMMY30 »

Sambo wrote:
GustoAU wrote: What we need is high definition cameras compact enough to fit on miniture computer controlled helicopters. That'd make the 3rd person beaut
you mean like that guy who circles around mario in Mario 64? :p
:rofl: