Welcome to the AACL!

Racing league forum for all different games.
Cursed

Re: Welcome to the AACL!

Post by Cursed »

I'm in. MNR's candle is just about burned out. A worthy successor must be found!
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

I'm slow as ever, only cracked 4 seconds last night! I haven't used AC much though so hopefully that will come down with some seat time :)
hutchy

Post by hutchy »

Looking forward to this provided the computer set up gods are kind over the week end :p
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

For the love of god, I can't get AC to run. . . I'm sure there is a work around, but for now, it's just pissing me off. :no:

I guess it's back to my hiking simulator. :aussie: :kangaroo: :sheep: :bunny: :pimp:
balls & boobs. . .
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Quincy wrote:For the love of god, I can't get AC to run. . .
What the problem Q?

Is it crashing or just not enough grunt?

What GFX card you running as old gen cards don't work, you need DX10.1 as a min as DX10 won't run it from memory?
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

I get an "asc.exe has stopped working" error on the title screen, then when I try to enter practice or race, I get a (can't remember exactly) ***.dll file not found.

Not sure on the graphics card, it's maybe 2-3 years old??
I've tried 2 steam installs, updated all windows and latest graphic files etc. . .
I've tried restoring the ***.dll file.
I've spent a good few hours so far, digging around for fixes. I think my next step is sending a report log to the dev's via the official forum.

Annoying.
balls & boobs. . .
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

Would verifying the game data via steam help?
Steve
---
hutchy

Post by hutchy »

I two have been having issues not sure if yours is similar Quincy

I downloaded and installed through Steam last night, it boots up let me setup my wheel select my car and track option. When I hit the go button it proceeds to the loading page for about 20 seconds then keeps reverting back to the car/track selection page??

Pissed me off I was really looking forward to thrashing the F40 around Monza.

I found this fix on the support forum still at work so have not had a opportunity to try it yet.

The sim doesn't start after clicking on "Start Engine"

Check that these files exist:

C:\Windows\System32\UIAutomationCore.dll
If not goto:
"C:\Windows\winsxs\amd64_microsoft-windows-uiautomationcore_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_none_0c0d85465bcceb37"

From there... Copy/Paste the "UIAutomationCore.dll" to "System32" directory.

Optional, only if ac doesn't start after copying the files.
Then open a cmd and run as admin then type without quotes "cd C:\Windows\System32"
Press enter.
Then type exactly as below:
regsvr32 UIAutomationCore.dll
And do the same for the one below.

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\UIAutomationCore.dll
If not there goto:
"C:\Windows\winsxs\wow64_microsoft-windows-uiautomationcore_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_none_16622f98902dad32"

From there... Copy/Paste the"UIAutomationCore.dll" to "SysWOW64" directory

Again optional, only if ac doesn't start after copying the files.
Open another cmd and run as admin then type without quotes "cd C:\Windows\SysWOW64"
Press enter.
Then type exactly as below:
regsvr32 UIAutomationCore.dll

Some users have reported that they cannot start the sim if their main audio device is disabled. Obviously, enabling it solves this issue.
The windows firewall dialog might be requesting access for acs.exe - accepting the rule exception addition can solve this. If the dialog doesn't show up, you might have to go through the windows control panel options for the firewall and set it to allow acs.exe
As always for issues not mentioned here please search first for previous mentions and then start a different thread. You will likely be asked to include the log files from "My Documents\Assetto Corsa\logs" - the best way to do this is to right click on the logs folder and create a zip archive* which you can upload here.

* in Windows by default this is done by right clicking on the "folder->send to->compressed (zipped) folder"
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

SE1Z wrote:Would verifying the game data via steam help?
verified fine. :yes:

I will go down Hutchys path tonight.

First i'll check my GFX card.
balls & boobs. . .
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

System specs?
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

I remember there was a ini you could change if you had an old card, it looked rubbish but you could then run it.

Did a google before hitting submit - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =193684938" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Try that to see if it will actually run at all, as I said it ran ok just looked rubbish and made me upgrade my card :)
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

r8response wrote:System specs?
Sorry r8, i'm not at home so can't check the specs.
balls & boobs. . .
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

dvestate wrote:I remember there was a ini you could change if you had an old card, it looked rubbish but you could then run it.

Did a google before hitting submit - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =193684938" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I had to do this on my old system.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
ReppohC

Post by ReppohC »

Still an uber n00b at this game... Just spent the last hour lapping the M3 group A and could only manage a 2:05 despite being on the edge the whole lap. I was getting pretty frustrated then realised your meant to upgrade the car to DTM! :faint:
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

You're the second person I've heard that's done that.

Those that are having issues uploading hotlaps, make sure you're using the DTM version of the car.

Nice to see you involved ReppohC.
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

It took me a while to work out how to even get the DTM version....

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
hutchy

Post by hutchy »

hutchy wrote:Looking forward to this provided the computer set up gods are kind over the week end :p
They were not kind :rolleyes: I need a new computer apparently AC will not run on an old XP rig with a DX10 graphics card :rolleyes: I really should check these things before I buy new games :rofl:
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

Great to see an AAL successor up and running! Now all I need to do is find some free time to get some racing in (in between the F1 2013 league I'm in). :)
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

Hutchy, have you tried this..

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =193684938" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
How to Play Assetto Corsa on DirectX 10

1. Go to (Your Steam Directory)/steamapps/common/assettocorsa­/system/cfg and open dx11.ini - open it with notepad.
2. Change 'ALLOW_UNSUPPORTED_DX10=0' to 'ALLOW_UNSUPPORTED_DX10=1'.
3. Enjoy!

[youtube] [/youtube]
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
hutchy

Post by hutchy »

wobblysauce wrote:Hutchy, have you tried this..

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =193684938" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
How to Play Assetto Corsa on DirectX 10

1. Go to (Your Steam Directory)/steamapps/common/assettocorsa­/system/cfg and open dx11.ini - open it with notepad.
2. Change 'ALLOW_UNSUPPORTED_DX10=0' to 'ALLOW_UNSUPPORTED_DX10=1'.
3. Enjoy!

[youtube] [/youtube]
Thanks mate alas yes to no avail....all good trying to piece a temporary solution together at the moment :yes:
Smasha D
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Smasha D »

now i'm annoyed I missed the races :melt:

signed up now
AstroJezza

Post by AstroJezza »

I'm in for this now that LFS is dead. Unfortunately I generally can't do Wednesday nights (which seems to be the night chosen) but I'll try and get in when I can!
hylas

Post by hylas »

Hello everyone, I've just recently signed up to your site and seen you guys had a few issues with the race the other night. Hoping I can now join in for all future events :-)
Davo

Post by Davo »

Hooray! I was hoping something like this would spring up :) I'm a super n00b to Assetto Corsa so any tips and hints are appreciated as it's a completely different sim compared to LFS.

Signed up for some AC action and posted my hotlap using the mouse... will connect the wheel to turn some laps in a bit if anyone is gonna be online.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198091277752]Image[/url]
satriagti94

Post by satriagti94 »

Hi everyone, I recently signed up to the site and hope to participate in a few races and hopefully the league coming up. I don't get alot of spare time being married with 1 kid so I'm not super competitive, usually happy running mid pack-ish.

The only issue I can see arising is that I play indoor soccer on Wednesday nights with work mates and the times change every week so that may clash every now and again.

Also, I've only just got FREEJOIN installed on AC and I had trouble hopping onto the AACL server last night. It looked as though there was only 1 person on the server and the RACE session was flashing red. Do I have to get approved or something to get a slot on the server as I see that the slots have people's names in them?