Best Multiplayer Games?

General game chat
Shaun

Best Multiplayer Games?

Post by Shaun »

Hey guys looking at good multiplayer games for pc, mainly shooters/sports stuff, not racing because those are obvious. Cheers guys
Hello :aussie:
plastik8

Re: Best Multiplayer Games?

Post by plastik8 »

Do you want pick up and play games? Or hard core games?

If you want local multiplayer, FIFA cannot be beat! As for FPS, obviously there's Call Of Duty and Battlefield... Counter Strike GO is also decent (although difficult for me at least), and should be dirt cheap on Steam.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197971333750]Image[/url]
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

i was thinking fifa, he said its probably a bit hard on keyboard, i have an xbox 360 controller to use on my pc though. We sorta want pickup and play, or even a more serious game that is co op through a career
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

I've been getting stuck into Chivalry: Medieval Warfare lately. It has the usual online shooter game types, deathmatch, team objective etc, but it's mostly melee combat which gives it a fresh feel to me. It has a learning curve since there are different classes and different weapon types, but there are low rank servers to play on to learn away from the experienced players. Most people seem to play team objective so you can do that with a friend.
[youtube] [/youtube]

The Borderlands games have co-op mode.

Alien Swarm is a free co-op aliens inspired isometric view shooter
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You could try some the zombie survival games like DayZ or rust. H1Z1 looks promising but isn't out yet.

Here's a big list of PC co-op games.
http://www.co-optimus.com/system/4/pc.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

DayZ

Played many, many hours of that on the weekend with the guys from TOG. Got into a number of firefights near the police station in Berezino
Crowella

Post by Crowella »

DarrenM wrote:I've been getting stuck into Chivalry: Medieval Warfare lately. It has the usual online shooter game types, deathmatch, team objective etc, but it's mostly melee combat which gives it a fresh feel to me. It has a learning curve since there are different classes and different weapon types, but there are low rank servers to play on to learn away from the experienced players. Most people seem to play team objective so you can do that with a friend.
Oh god yes. Chivalry is great fun. When you get stuck into really great battles, even when you lose them you still feel satisfied. The team objective stuff is great fun even if you go a bit more solo in them. :nod:
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

MMO's are great with friends but they often have a subscription. I had a blast with friends in Warcraft. That's if it's your type of thing.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Not hugely sold on rpg sort of stuff but that chivalry game sounds good. Thanks for the suggestions guys. And after reading the dayz thread it seems more frustrating than anything lol