Dead Pedals. DFGT. CSR Elite?

Computer and electronic gizmo support.
avaran

Dead Pedals. DFGT. CSR Elite?

Post by avaran »

So I've just started to get my feeling back for cutting some laps. I decided to give iRacing a go as well as Assetto Corsa. I've been having some good fun. Unfortunately I missed the last AACL race. :(

Today, I went to do some Time Trials, get my license class up etc, and now I have spikes in my accelerator and brake pedals. I did notice when I got back to my PC from making dinner that my speakers were buzzing, not sure if that has anything do do with my pedals suddenly not working properly. I'm wondering if there has been some black magic electrical confusion going on through my PC. (You can tell I don't know much about electronics). So I tried some fixes I've read other people having with DFGT pedals to no avail.

So I'm looking at getting some new pedals. The Fanatec CSR Elite ones look like a happy medium between G25/G27, and the standard CSR not being compatible with my wheel, to the extreme Clubsport V2. Has anyone used the CSR Elite pedals? Worth looking into, or are there any other avenues I should look into?

tl;dr: DFGT pedals are spiking, can't fix, should I buy some Fanatec CSR Elites, or something else?

Thanks for any help. See my next post for a thank you in advance. :)

Edit: My thanks: http://www.arseforums.com/phpBB/viewtop ... 23#p380723
avaran

Re: Dead Pedals. DFGT. CSR Elite?

Post by avaran »

So, after a little bit of testing. It seems it had something to do with my power supply adaptor (I use a laptop). Maybe a ground loop? I'm not sure. Now the trouble is I can't find a power adaptor to suit, because I thought I was clever buying a Clevo all of those years ago.

So the pedals are fine without the power plugged in. Not sure if it's the actual adaptor or something has gone awry in the laptop. I can't even fire up my old desktop as it freezes for some reason and I haven't bothered diagnosing it yet.

Anyway. Just wanted to vent into the ether.

Perhaps I should upgrade my desktop anyway.