Car Mechanic Simulator

General game chat
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Car Mechanic Simulator

Post by wobblysauce »

[youtube] [/youtube]

IS there much more you can say about it.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
ReppohC

Re: Car Mechanic Simulator

Post by ReppohC »

This reminds me of an up to date "Gearhead garage", "monster garage" or to a lesser extent "Street Rod". Except without the depth :D . You are truely just a mechanic - no body repairs, no swapping engines, no used cars, no racing (I wouldn't even call it driving). Still kept me entertained for a few hours...

I still prefer Street Legal Redline though. Buying used smashed up cars, fixing everything from the chassis / body panels / doors / seats / suspension / brakes / etc, then swapping in a different engine or making a custom engine out of different intakes, exhausts, camshafts, crankshafts, engine blocks, intake manifolds, cylinder heads, turbochargers, etc, then trashing the crap out of it in an open world! Driving was fun and the damage was brutal.
Woodee
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Woodee »

I bought this for a quick go.... it is on the less complicated side (even though I have struggled with some challenges as I don't know my way around a car).

A game called "Automation" is a bit more hardcore, but I think building engines from scratch is out of my depth.
My Fundraising Journey

Raised over £1000 for the Scoliosis Campaign Fund from 2011-2013.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

$100 for an oil cap, tell 'em they're dreamin!
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

*wipes hands on cotton waste* Big job lady. Got to get it up on the hoist, get the sump plug off her, drain out the old oil...Gunna be pricey. Ready Thursday.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

I wish my car just ghosted when I needed to read parts hidden away like that.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
petey

Post by petey »

Just the otherday I was thinking about games like this and automation.

If you could start as normal mechanic->performance mechanic->race team mechanic->Engine designer. That would be a grand game.
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Sounds good, indeed, petey! Approach the automation guys with the idea :)

by the way the automation was an educational piece, even if a bit chunky. Maybe they've improved it since enough to be enjoyable.
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

Even bring it back to the LFS or other racing game days and the like.. no respwaning you have to go fix the car before you can bring it back on track.. just like a real track/race day.

OH... iRacing.. bam... big bucks.. Drivers and pit crew.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
TIMMY30

Post by TIMMY30 »

Thread dig i know.

Just bought and completed this game. Had way more fun than i thought i ever would.

Gets a bit repetative and buggy at times but for $15 i definately got my moneys worth :)
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

That it is.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ