The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

Chat about stuff you've seen
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

Post by w00dsy »

Just been released on Netflix. I wasn't sure i'd like this after seeing the trailer, it seemed a bit girly, but being a Tina Fey show i gave it a go and i'm glad i did. Lots of good little jokes, some subtle and some obvious. I'm about 5 episodes in and it gets better with every episode. Ellie Kempers role isn't that different to her character from the Office but she's a lot more resiliant and doesn't give up.

The highlight so far though is a cameo by Martin Short as a plastic surgeon. It reminded me of Paul Reubens playing Prince Gerhardt in 30 Rock, awkward and creepy.

SE1Z

Re: The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

Post by SE1Z »

That actually looks ok... Will check it out, thanks!
Steve
---
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

It's good. I'm enjoying it alot.

It just seems it would have benefited from hour long episodes. They just seem to end.
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

Love Fey so will check it out. Thanks Woodsy
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

Bibi and I have been enjoying this via Netflix - it's funny and clever. Loved the Martin Short plastic surgeon character. Apparently it was based on this Dr Brandt bloke, who committed suicide some time after the episode aired. Oops:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... llers.html

Some of the dialogue in the show is excellent - 30 Rock standard. Recommended too.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Yeah, we binged on it a while ago. Good to see Fey back in action although it was actually her character that made me cringe the most. Jane Krakowski is so good at playing the shallow characters though. Always enjoyed her parts.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"