Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition

General game chat
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition

Post by Duke »

If you didn't hear Dovetail Games (Train Simulator 2014 / 15 etc) bought the rights to sell Microsoft Flight Simulator X & have now released it on STEAM
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I know it isn't everyone's cup of tea but given it's 80% off ($4.99USD) right now it's a cheap way of starting your FSX addiction or if you already own it then having it in your STEAM library is a bonus in my opinion. These days the sim is practically only the engine to run the plethora of add-on's which transform it into a more modern looking flight sim. DX10 fixes also help on the GFX side given it's 10yrs old now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Shonky

Re: Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition

Post by Shonky »

I already own it on DVD but I'll be grabbing it on Steam at that price just for ease of access when I want to play it, and I hope kicking dovetail a few bucks will give them the will to keep improving it beyond its current state.
TIMMY30

Post by TIMMY30 »

Bit of a thread dig i know!.

Been flying a lot with the Steam edition lately. Bought the Australia scenery from ORBX and the PMDG 737NGX aircraft.

Wow these add ons really breathe some life into the sim and the amount of learning one has to do is phenomenal. Been watching countless you tube videos and using the in depth documentation that comes with the PMDG aircraft just to learn the basics of programming the FMC and getting the plane setup for take off and arrival.

Only problem is the add ons aren't cheap and theres just so much more i want to buy :eek: .

Anyone else still into it?

Tim
Coopz
King of the Wierd
King of the Wierd

Post by Coopz »

I play it occasionally, no addons other than a few planes. I'd like to get some higher res Australia maps but I'm to cheap to pay for them.
norbs wrote:
Stop bullying him. You have more birthdays each year than he gets roots!
Durrie

Post by Durrie »

I fired it up again not that long ago. Some of the publishers have made freeware out of previously paid for add-ons. I picked up a 757 with a couple of liveries including FMC from one of the mod libraries. There's also a bunch of freeware meshes and scenery.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

It's been a while since I've played, but I have around 20GB in terrain & weather backed up somewhere for FSX, can recommend REX + Overdrive for giving the sky a new lease on life.