Vale Christopher Lee

Chat about stuff you've seen
J.D.
Rat

Vale Christopher Lee

Post by J.D. »

Known for his towering, somewhat sinister presence and smooth, deep voice, Christopher Lee has died, aged 93.

He will be remembered for his series of Hammer Horror roles as Dracula but he also played Scaramanga, the contract killer in the James Bond film, "The Man With the Golden Gun". He also appeared as a German submariner - unusual for a man so tall - in the outrageously politically-incorrect Spielberg comedy, "1941", in which he conversed in German with Toshiro Mifune, who spoke to him only in Japanese.

I didn't see him in the "Lord of the Rings" series but I do remember him in "Star Wars".

He made more than 280 movies.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-06-11/c ... 93/6540222
сначала мы убиваем американского лося и белку.

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell.

Proudly never a mod or admin at RSC from 2001 - 2009.
Jamo

Re: Vale Christopher Lee

Post by Jamo »

Shit! A mighty man with a towering intellect, which was razer sharp till the end.
Vale Sir Christopher.
I drink a great deal, I sleep a little and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two hundred percent form - Sir Winston Churchill
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

Sad indeed. Apparently he also released several heavy metal album's.

Thanks for the memories Christopher.
eek
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

Damn. :(
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.
markus

Post by markus »

pixelboy wrote:Apparently he also released several heavy metal album's.
I guess he learned to love heavy music during his time in the Finnish military.

From wikipedia, "When World War II broke out, Lee volunteered to fight for the Finnish forces during the Winter War in 1939. He and other British volunteers were kept away from actual fighting, but they were issued winter gear and were posted on guard duty a safe distance from the front lines"
Much cycling such kilometers.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Vale

93 is a good innings and he's got a good catalogue of work to be remembered by.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

Boss.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I drink a great deal, I sleep a little and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two hundred percent form - Sir Winston Churchill
J.D.
Rat

Post by J.D. »

Boss.

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell.

Cursed

Post by Cursed »

Was always Dracula to me. I thank my old man for letting me stay up in my wee years to watch the odd Hammer Horror with him on a Friday night.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

Touching tribute from Sir Peter Jackson

It is with tremendous sadness that I learnt of the passing of Sir Christopher Lee. He was 93 years old, had not been in his usual good health for some time, but his spirit remained, as always, indomitable.

Christopher spoke seven languages; he was in every sense, a man of the world; well versed in art, politics, literature, history and science. He was scholar, a singer, an extraordinary raconteur and of course, a marvelous actor. One of my favourite things to do whenever I came to London would be to visit with Christopher and Gitte where he would regale me for hours with stories about his extraordinary life. I loved to listen to them and he loved to tell them – they were made all the more compelling because they were true – stories from his time with the SAS, through the Second World War, to the Hammer Horror years and later, his work with Tim Burton – of which he was enormously proud.

I was lucky enough to work with Chris on five films all told and it never ceased to be a thrill to see him on set. I remember him saying on my 40th Birthday (he was 80 at the time), “You’re half the man I am”. Being half the man Christopher Lee is, is more than I could ever hope for. He was a true gentleman, in an era that no longer values gentleman.

I grew up loving Christopher Lee movies. For most of my life I was enthralled by the great iconic roles he not only created – but continued to own decades later. But somewhere along the way Christopher Lee suddenly, and magically, dissolved away and he became my friend, Chris. And I loved Chris even more.

There will never be another Christopher Lee. He has a unique place in the history of cinema and in the hearts of millions of fans around the world.

The world will be a lesser place without him in it.

My deepest sympathies to Gitte and to his family and friends.

Rest in peace, Chris.

An icon of cinema has passed into legend.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

I often wonder why people are so sad when someone that old passes away. My mum had an uncle who died at 103 and my mum said 'poor old uncle Frank' and my dad yelled 'what do you mean poor old uncle Frank, he made it to 103 ffs'.

What a cracker of a life Christopher Lee had. It's like watching a batsman walk off the ground after making a double century. Everyone should stand and applaud.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I think they will stand and applaud at his funeral. Make his final departure a good one.

It is sad if you knew him as you'd miss his company. I know I miss my conversations with my pop. He was 80 when he died and I wish I could tap his brain as my understanding of things grew.

Think if you get to 80 or over then celebrate it and get people to do it at your send off.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
J.D.
Rat

Post by J.D. »

Someone had better take a stake to his funeral just in case...