[Pcars] Sam Power Cup. Round 1. Details.

Racing league forum for all different games.
hylas

Re: [Pcars] Sam Power Cup. Round 1. Details.

Post by hylas »

I had a fun night. Didn't end up doing very well but enjoyed the night regardless. Race 1 was were I wanted to place high, I felt a lot more confident on the first track. A early racing incident with Wotto dropped me to the back of the pack, recovered a few positions from memory but had a solid race with Dr? Not sure now.
Race 2 I didn't get a clean lap in for qual and started at the back with another 3 drivers who also didn't place a time. Had a good fight with Slow for most of the race though. He probably thought he had lost a position to me as he went off on the 2nd last lap and lost a lot of time. But he gained it back when i had a huge off on the last lap basically handing the position back. Few choice words were shouted at around that point lol

Keen to take some bigger points next round.
Wotto

Post by Wotto »

Hey Hylas

Ya know I was in 5th or 6th? for a few laps in race 1 and "kind of " holding that place ( which blew my mind ) - I started to see a pack catching me from behind and the sweat bullets started to appear on me as panic mode set in - I looked in my rear view vision ( using button to change view for a second as I use bumper camera view ) and when I looked forward again a wheel was on the grass and I started swaying - more panic as I realised I was potentially gunna fark this 'clean' race for all behind me :yikes: and that was it - GOOOOOONE - completely head-fucked by oneself ( hope U R all laughing reading this ) I knew I had affected one car, thought it was Norbs, so sorry Hylas.

Race 2 , well when I was lapped by all halfway through in lap 10 by most of you as I had crashed after turn 4 twice, I decided enough was enough.....looking at the boards this morning I should have stuck that out in all honesty :(

I have not ever raced online apart from the smash up derbys that are most the 'general servers' where I try not to hit people and just get smashed out of the way.
I will do my best to move out of all your paths in future races and hang in with you all

Norbs - thanks for the MIGHTY effort :yes:
hylas

Post by hylas »

It's ok, I labeled it as a racing incident because that's what it was. These things happen, don't worry about it.
You should of stayed, I couldn't tell you how many times I've gone off and thought to myself "Well that's that race done" but continued anyways and most of the time it ends up with a battle or two for position.

If there's one thing I want to say and that is "Don't move out of people's way, unless they are lapping you."(Blue flags implemented? NFI) Make them go around, your in front so keep the inside line and make them work for each position. I think it's been said previously but the iRacing video tutorials are an excellent resource for racing etiquette and tactics. They are on youtube I think.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Don't give up Wotto. We all start at the back. I remember one of my first races with the arse guys was in Grand Prix Legends at Monaco and I started pretty much last. One car made it through turn 1 on the first lap as there was one hell of a pile up. I got lapped and was near last but that got me hooked. :)
Minister for Religious Genocide.
Wotto

Post by Wotto »

No quiting overall - I will be in all races :)
Thanks Hylas - will check out the Youtube I racing films if I can.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Good man Wotto. Would probably be a benefit to look into a cheap USB headset to sue TeamSpeak to at some point. It helps with nights like last nights clusterfuck and also when racing to communicate to other drivers.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Boxhead

Post by Boxhead »

~AR~ Boxhead
My head, check it out, its a box
slow069

Post by slow069 »

hylas wrote:I had a fun night. Didn't end up doing very well but enjoyed the night regardless. Race 1 was were I wanted to place high, I felt a lot more confident on the first track. A early racing incident with Wotto dropped me to the back of the pack, recovered a few positions from memory but had a solid race with Dr? Not sure now.
Race 2 I didn't get a clean lap in for qual and started at the back with another 3 drivers who also didn't place a time. Had a good fight with Slow for most of the race though. He probably thought he had lost a position to me as he went off on the 2nd last lap and lost a lot of time. But he gained it back when i had a huge off on the last lap basically handing the position back. Few choice words were shouted at around that point lol

Keen to take some bigger points next round.

Its been a long time since I have enjoyed racing like that and enjoyed it
Hylas Those laps in Race 2 we were awesome
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999095303]Image[/url]
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

Boxhead wrote:Image
Isn't round 2 at Cadwell Club not Brands Indy?
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Sadly, the Cadwell track we wanted to run doesnt have pits.

So Brands it is.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.