Netflix, Amazon Prime, NowTV etc

Chat about stuff you've seen
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Netflix, Amazon Prime, NowTV etc

Post by Big Kev »

Anyone use these?

I decided to have a look today after seeing a TV ad saying they had thousands of films to choose from. Great I thought. I decided to pick something half decent I haven't seen for a while. Contact with Jodie Foster and Matthew McConaughey.

Netflix - nope
Amazon - nope
NowTV - nope

er.... right.
Let's try Flightplan then.
Nope none again.

Panic Room
Nope

I don't get it. What's the point of these things?
Instead I had a look at the list of Sci-Fi films on Amazon. I had only heard on 3 of them! The rest looked like straight to video jobs.

From their TV ads they make out like they're basically a massive library of every film ever and you can watch when you like with a subscription but I have to say I don't think I'll be bothering any time soon. Very disappointed to be honest.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Re: Netflix, Amazon Prime, NowTV etc

Post by smithcorp »

Kev, you should be in Australia, where the choice is even more limited. In a digital world, why shouldn't we all have access to the full library of movies across the world? Contact (great movie by the way) is available on Netflix in scandinavian countries but not the US, UK or Oz. Bloody cartels.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I wanted to watch Vikings season 3 on Netflix here, I canned my sub after waiting 3 months for it.

VPN to the US would be the go as both Oz and UK are getting screwed by Rupert Murdock and his mates :rolleyes:
Minister for Religious Genocide.
Cursed

Post by Cursed »

I'm happy enough with Netflix (+Getflix). Although I never had the expectation that they'd have whatever I want, only that the family and I would be able to find enough interesting stuff on there to justify it. Yes, I was disappointed that season 3 of Vikings wasn't on there, but I can't say I was surprised given that SBS was airing it at the time. The same goes for Brooklyn Nine-Nine season 2. You'd have to expect those that paid for their exclusive broadcast rights would get something out of it.

What you can expect is that those Netflix sponsored shows - Orange is the New Black, House of Cards, etc - will be there in full.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Netflix+getflix. Quite happy with it, lots to watch. (but I'm not a regular tv watcher; I hate ads and I hate the lack of options on regular telly)
This one is right up my alley :)
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Also use netflix with getflix. Don't really use it that much but when i do it's pretty good
Hello :aussie:
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

I use netflix, movies are a bit hit and miss although there's the odd good non-hollywood movie that I would never have come across otherwise.
I've mostly watched different tv series and particularly some good anime series.