[AC] ARSE Racing, Lotus 72D, Round 1, Wed 20/07/2016

Racing league forum for all different games.
Cursed

Re: [AC] ARSE Racing, Lotus 72D, Round 1, Wed 20/07/2016

Post by Cursed »

DarrenM wrote:... I spent 3 years on iracing in the top F1 series qualifying at the back of the grid. Never had a hope of a podium, but it was the most enjoyable and rewarding racing I've done outside ARSE.
Fixed that for you.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I have the same problem with my left knee. It aches after a while from braking and I have to stretch it. It's a bugger to stand up after a while racing.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
Muppet

Post by Muppet »

I think we have a name for the series now, old men in old cars :)

Having said that, my left leg was hurting after race one, getting a mild cramp and just having to keep going.

Hutchy, keep going mate, you'll always be guaranteed to be faster than the muppet :). If there wasn't a back of the grid I'd have no where else to go :)
hylas

Post by hylas »

Dr. Pain wrote:I have the same problem with my left knee. It aches after a while from braking and I have to stretch it. It's a bugger to stand up after a while racing.
Your left foot braking in this car? My left foot is only used for the clutch, right foot deals with braking and throttle. I do get pains in the base of my right foot at times though, I should probably exercise and stretch a bit more in general and I wouldn't have these problems.
I also have the shifter on my left side, blocking my access in/out of my seat. I just do a little balancing hop around it each time, there will come a day where I will probably eat shit while trying to get out of my seat but I couldn't imagine having it on my right side, that's some Yankee shit that I just wouldn't be able to cope with :)

Stick with it Hutchy, brands hatch is a hard one to start the season off. Hope to see you at Riverside :yes:
Boxhead

Post by Boxhead »

well, i had no leg issues or gearbox issues, but I'm one of the younger ones here :D

I'm thinking i could turn damage off to help you old fellers will all your leg/knee/foot issues. oh and that might help the gearboxes too
~AR~ Boxhead
My head, check it out, its a box
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

My knee issue is just some kind of RSI crap from pushing the load cell pedal. I don't think turning off damage will help me. I might need to shift the pedals to the left a little to make sure I'm pushing straight. A foot rest would probably help as well.
hylas wrote:I couldn't imagine having it on my right side, that's some Yankee shit that I just wouldn't be able to cope with :)
Open wheeler shit. Look in almost any manual open wheeler, including the Lotus, and you'll find they had the shifter on the right side. Having it on the left is better as we all know, but if you want simulation accuracy you should swap sides :p
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

My knee is only sore from it being at an unusual angle for a period of time :lol:
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

My left calf was cramping up at the end. 100km bike ride isnt ideal prep. :)
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

So we need these... :D

Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

So after my near gearbox explosion, I went testing the 72D paddle shifting. I see why it's used. I felt like I had more time, not as rushed in terms of driving. I still use a clutch changing up but it's more for timing so I don't get caught between gears or stress the gearbox.