[AC] CYBD - Praga @ Red Cow Ring 12th - 17th Nov

Racing league forum for all different games.
renesis37

Re: [AC] CYBD - Praga @ Red Cow Ring 12th - 17th Nov

Post by renesis37 »

OK... I think I've worked it out. The reason it won't downshift when you are expecting it to is the same reason you don't change when you first get to the red lights. You need to rev like another 2K through to the end of the redline to be fast but it wont let you downshift into that region and will only accept a shift just below or at the START of the redline. I'd be interested to know if the real car behaves this way, I'm betting it doesn't and it will let you shift in any region below fuel cut.

So what is on for next week, should we pick a combo that we know Darren won't like? :lol:

I was thinking a Japanese theme with a short track.. just for something different.
http://www.assettocorsa.net/car/toyota- ... me-attack/
at
http://assettocorsa.club/mods/tracks/ebisu-higashi.html
or
http://assettocorsa.club/mods/tracks/su ... it.html#en (but one of the short versions)
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

renesis37 wrote:OK... I think I've worked it out. The reason it won't downshift when you are expecting it to is the same reason you don't change when you first get to the red lights. You need to rev like another 2K through to the end of the redline to be fast but it wont let you downshift into that region and will only accept a shift just below or at the START of the redline. I'd be interested to know if the real car behaves this way, I'm betting it doesn't and it will let you shift in any region below fuel cut.

So what is on for next week, should we pick a combo that we know Darren won't like? :lol:

I was thinking a Japanese theme with a short track.. just for something different.
http://www.assettocorsa.net/car/toyota- ... me-attack/
at
http://assettocorsa.club/mods/tracks/ebisu-higashi.html
or
http://assettocorsa.club/mods/tracks/su ... it.html#en (but one of the short versions)
This combo was picked at random by Doc and muppet.

I wont be around on Friday night this week (10th wedding anniversary) so I will put a combo together probably Thursday.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
renesis37

Post by renesis37 »

Yeah this week was a good combo, the car is one of Kunos' better attempts at race car physics. I just thought something weird could be fun. I like weird things
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

This is the setup I ended up with. If you have another go I'm sure you could beat my time with it :)

I changed the gearing for a bit better acceleration out of the slow turns, change ride height and springs for more grip and increased coast diff locking so I could go a bit harder on entry without it getting loose.

If you want something I don't like, pick something with front wheel drive. I hate the fucking things, but so does any sensible person :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
renesis37

Post by renesis37 »

Thanks Darren, it was faster in the middle sector but much slower for me in the last due to the low DF and low RH. I had that last sector dialled with a near default setup by taking heaps of inside kerb (still legal though).

Looking at our best sectors we are both about a tenth away from optimum which is pretty good. You really have me beat on the middle sector, if you raised the car a little and rode the kerbs more I think you'd have me.

Darren
S1 best S2 best S3 best
21.666 38.673 33.279 1:33.618

Ben
S1 best S2 best S3 best
21.651 38.747 33.109 1:33.507
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Nicely done. I was able to use the apex curb in the 2nd last corner but it doesn't like the last corner. Understeers and I can't carry speed through it. Think I was sideways out of the 2nd last corner on my best lap which didn't help either :)

Don't know if I'll be able to do next week. Got shingles on my back and it's getting uncomfortable to use a chair.
renesis37

Post by renesis37 »

Ouch.. My partner had that a few years back, it was naasty.

I have next week off so I will try and make Wednesday as well as CYBD.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

norbs wrote:I wont be around on Friday night this week (10th wedding anniversary) so I will put a combo together probably Thursday.
:bananabang: :banana_love: :love2:

Hope im not interrupting, is there anything planned for tonight oh wise illustrious leader?
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
StanDaam

Post by StanDaam »

Yeah Norbs, per chance you could put a bud in one ear of us on teamspeak whilst you whisper sweet nothings to your beloved over a candle lit dinner... all your loves together at last!!

:arseshake: :hyper: :jump: :love:
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Probably too busy playing iRacing.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Muppet

Post by Muppet »

You're all a pack of bastards, but oh so fucking funny.

I'm saying to Norbs exactly what he said to banana, Go on son, get in there :)