richo

Re: Wheel advice. Logitech or Fanatec?

Post by richo »

Same!
[]D [] []v[] []D
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

I guess if you hear the fan running it's probably ok, I think I heard the fan run once in the last month of use so I'm guessing something bbq'd itself due to a lack of cooling.
richo

Post by richo »

The fan needs to be bigger , be nice if there was a 120mm conversion or something like that.
[]D [] []v[] []D
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

I did watch a youtube vid of someone doing a fan replacement. I'll try and find it.

Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Given it's 3 weeks old and going back under warranty I'll refrain from pulling it to bits, but I'll certainly look into a cooling upgrade down the track.
renesis37

Post by renesis37 »

I am going to try strap one of these in there http://www.scorptec.com.au/product/Cool ... -A6x25-FLX it is twice the thickness but I think it should fit. If it doesn't ill make it fit! For now I am just bashing the wheel until the fan starts properly as it vibrates like hell trying to spin up, interesting when on the limit.. haha

Distractions just make you a stronger driver.
Cursed

Post by Cursed »

I just logged a ticket with Fanatec for my CSW V2. I've put up with a rather noisy 'clunk' in its movement for quite some time now:

Videos
Unpowered:
Powered:

Sounds like there's a loose screw running around inside the case too. I noticed that when I flipped the unit over to get the serial number.

Despite the noise, the unit works just fine. I just don't want it to develop into something irreparable.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]
Cursed

Post by Cursed »

The CSW v2 is going back for service - the upside is that it can actually be serviced. It feels like a crunchy bearing in there and that loose screw is a bit of a worry.

So, I've boxed it up and pulled out the original CSW to stand-in until the v2 is repaired. Surprisingly, the CSW is not a complete disappointment after being on the v2 for so long. I only gave it a short run, so fade didn't factor in, but its still a very pleasant wheel base to use. I'm glad I retained it as a spare.
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

Do you think the v2 is a worthy upgrade to the v1 or is it more incremental? Once my v1 carks it I'll probably get the v2 but it doesn't seem like it's big difference between the two.
Cursed

Post by Cursed »

Keep my caveat in mind - when I gave the v1 a quick run this weekend, it wasn't enough to experience any fade due to heat or anything like that. Also, I wouldn't want to ignore my impressions when I first switched in the opposite direction. The v2 can be cranked up to make you work a lot harder than the v1 can. Progressively I've been slowly cranking forces down on the v2 because I honestly don't want to work hard every time I race these blokes.

Worthy? That's very subjective. I don't regret buying the v2, but I was using my hobby fund for it so that there was no guilt in throwing the money at it at the time. If you were looking for some kind of value for money argument, I couldn't help.
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

I don't really run high forces either, I think that's why I've never really noticed fade with the v1 even doing 2-3hr endurance stints so I would probably only get the benefit of the extra fidelity from the v2 and not the strength. I think it will be a natural upgrade if/when the v1 dies especially given mounting and rims will be a straight swap. I'm tempted to replace the BMW rim with the Porsche one just for the reduced weight but it's a lot to spend for marginal improvements even if I could sell the old rim for a few hundred dollars.
TIMMY30

Post by TIMMY30 »

Anybody here got the t500rs?. Thinking about picking one up today. Use will be both ps4 and pc.

Cheers
richo

Post by richo »

Shifter advice? Fantatec or Thrustmaster or is there something better around the same cashola?
[]D [] []v[] []D
Cursed

Post by Cursed »

I'm pretty happy with my Fanatec shifter after it had its guts upgraded to the v1.5 spec. I've never used the Thrustmaster, but the selling point for me was that you can change from H to sequential and back without any disassembly (I have the SQ version which allows this).
TIMMY30

Post by TIMMY30 »

Just bought a T300RS GTE . Heres hoping i made the right choice after watching 1000 comparison videos of the wheels out there today!
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

Timmy I did a similar thing, was looking at the 500 then thought this is the classic buy it cause it's technically the better wheel. Do I need such a thing to enjoy myself hell no and settled on the 300. However I'm really glad I did. Every time I've used it it's been "perfect".
TIMMY30

Post by TIMMY30 »

Cheers wabbit. Just had a quick go around brands hatch on assetto corsa.. feels good so far. Im a bit rusty though :yikes:
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

If you'd like my FFB settings for AC, PS4 with the 300 let me know. Oh and there was a firmware update for my wheel (yours might be included), and you can change the degrees of rotation on the fly with the Mode button and Left or Right buttons.
TIMMY30

Post by TIMMY30 »

I checked and i have firmware 25 which seems to be the most recent. What does the mode button even do? It just changes the light between red and green?
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

TIMMY30 wrote:What does the mode button even do? It just changes the light between red and green?
Yeah in case you prefer green... narr just shittin ya.

Page 15, Red means normal, Green is Throttle and Clutch swapped around. Page 2 are the various degrees of rotation to can select from 270º to 1080º by using the Mode button and Left and Right arrows on the D-pad.
TIMMY30

Post by TIMMY30 »

Cheers bud. Had a go with it on f1 2016 for ps4 and that was great too. Do you use the t3pa pedals or have you got something else?.
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

TIMMY30 wrote:Do you use the t3pa pedals or have you got something else?.
Yeah I pretty quickly purchased those. With F1 2016 you might want to play around with the throttle and brake settings which gave me a more linear feel.