Project CARS 2

Maybe the next Assetto Corsa. Maybe not.
Dr. Pain

Re: Project CARS 2

Post by Dr. Pain »

I found the Pcars alpha's and beta's had an inconsistent flow to them in terms of car feel and FFB. One release would feel brilliant and the next wouldn't.

Pcars is still giving me a return but I'm pretty crapped off that it won't pick up my wheel and I can't find a fix for it. I hope they get these things sorted for this release.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Slightly Mad Studios officially confirmed that the Nissan GTP ZX-Turbo will be part of the Project CARS 2 content.
The Project CARS 2 development team meticulously created a virtual version of the famous 1988 GTP Nissan with chassis number 8801 as designed by Electramotive. In 1988, The Nissan with chassis number 8801 won 8 races in a row after which it was given the nickname “Elvis” because it was the king.
To show us how great the model will look in the upcoming Project CARS sequel, Slightly Mad Studios shared a set of stunning in-game screenshots.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

While the real world McLaren 720S was revealed earlier today at the Geneva International Auto Show, Slightly Mad Studios announced that the virtual version of the new British hypercar will become part of the Project CARS 2 car lineup. The SMS development team worked in close harmony with McLaren Automotive to ensure the gamers will be presented with the best possible virtual representation of the new 720S.

The McLaren 720S is lighter, stronger, and faster than its predecessor ( 650S). The car is built up around a one-piece carbon fiber tub and is dressed with a Shark like aggressive yet elegant looking body kit, featuring gullwing doors. The highly luxurious and sporty interior features state of the art equipment such as the futuristic Folding Driver Display featuring the new McLaren Driver Information System (MDIS). The 4.0-liter M840T engine features twin-scroll turbochargers and 16 injectors and puts out 710bhp doing a cool 62mph in 2.9secs, 0–124mph in 7.8 and 0–186mph (300km/h) in 21.8 seconds.

Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Slightly Mad Studios have confirmed the brand new Jaguar F-Type SVR will feature in the upcoming Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC racing game Project CARS 2.
In other Project CARS 2 content news the studio have posted another couple of tempting images from the upcoming game, this time showing off a pair of rather attractive Nissans in the form of the road going Nismo GT-R and the race prepared and ridiculously powered 300ZX Turbo, as can be seen below.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Slightly Mad Studios have revealed the first images of the McLaren F1 GTR, Jaguar XJR-9, Circuit of the America & Long Beach street circuit which will be coming to Project CARS 2 this September
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Slightly Mad Studios has given us a first look at the latest addition to the Project CARS 2 roster, after teasing it this weekend — the Mitsubishi Evo VI by SVA.
This particular Evo VI started life as a 2000 RS model, and was transformed by UK-based SVA Imports into a track conquering machine for the Time Attack racing series.
The car is powered by a 4G63 engine stroked to 2.4 liters. Coupled with a GTX42 turbo, output stands at a staggering 940 hp, sent to the wheels via a Drenth sequential transmission that has been adapted to a paddle shift by SVA. The AWD widebody chassis, carbon-fiber roof, and the massive aero enhancments (including huge splitters, skirts and a gigantic diffuser) make the Evo supremely competitive. When it made its debut in the 2015 Yokohama World Time Attack Challenge, it set lap records at Brands Hatch, Silverstone, Snetterton, Zandvoort and Assen.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Slightly Mad Studios has published an article introducing four Nissan Skyline / GT-R car models which will become part of their upcoming Project CARS 2 title.
The article outlines the history of the Nissan Skyline / GT-R models and shows us some beautiful in-game screenshots of the featured cars. We can admire the iconic 1982 Hasemi Motorsport Group 5 Super Silhouette DR30, the 1999 Skyline R34, the roadgoing 2017 Nissan GT-R Nismo and the latest GT-R Nismo GT3 racing car.
You can read the full Nissan GT-R article on the official Project CARS 2 page.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Slightly Mad Studios has published some more in-game screenshots Long Beach track for their upcoming Project CARS 2 title.
Project CARS 2 will feature a scanned version of the current Long Beach street circuit layout and will make use of the LiveTrack 3.0 system wich will dynamically change the track surface. The surface condition will be determined in real-time by rain, rubber from tyres, loose materials from the outfield, and ambient temperature. Combined with the car physics, these parameters will lead to a whole new level of realism when practicing, qualifying or racing.
Dukester

norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

It is such a great looking game.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

One of the most important features of a modern day racing simulator is the online multiplayer mode. Hosted online race sessions often leave a lot to be desired, and can rapidly turn into a frustrating experience. So it can be very helpful for admins to have the necessary tools at hand when setting up a hosted race.
Head of Studio, Ian Bell (Slightly Mad Studios) has shared a few screenshots which give us a glimpse of the Dedicated Server settings for the upcoming Project CARS 2 title.
The screenshots show us some of the available server option settings and tweaks which can all be selected from a tidy and accessible user interface. We can see setting tabs for Race, Sessions, Realism, Opponents, and Rules and Regulations. Every settings page can be saved for future use.
Interestingly, the top screenshot also reveals the “driver safety rating” setting. A feature that is comparable to the iRacing safety rating feature. With this option, server admins will be able to set the minimum skill level needed to take part in the hosted race. This way, race organizers can try to minimize the usual online carnage, resulting in a more serious and enjoyable race. Optionally it will also be possible to invoke track and pitlane related penalties.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk
Dukester

richo

Post by richo »

Pcars is an awesome looking sim/game pity it's not so hot when you get it's undies down.
[]D [] []v[] []D
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

I was thinking exactly the same while watching that Richo.
I could never get my head around it's FFB feel & settings compared to every other sim out there. So the driving feel & my experience was not very satisfying but man it looks sublime.
Dukester

norbs

Post by norbs »

Pcars 2 is better I reckon. Still no AMS, but better.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Slightly Mad Studios published the newest content reveal article introducing the Jaguar XJ220S TWR Supercar for the upcoming Project CARS 2 title.
As with the previous reveals, SMS posted a detailed write-up about the history of the XJ220S TWR, accompanied by a selection of in-game screenshots.
You can read the full Jaguar XJR-9 article on the official Project CARS 2 page.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Back in February, PC-Gamer invited Slightly Mad Studios Creative Director Andy Tudor to their PC Gamer Weekender live event in London.

Andy took the stage and talked about the new features of Project Cars 2. One of the most anticipated features of the Project CARS sequel is the LiveTrack 3.0 technology. With this feature, the racing tracks will evolve over both the course of a season and the course of a race weekend. Andy reveals some of the details of LiveTrack 3.0 and explains how the dynamic nature of the track will make you race in a more strategic manner.

Interestingly, Andy Tudor told the audience that every single track in Project Cars 2 is laser scanned and photographed by drones. The captured photographs are later on stitched together bu use of the Photogrammetry system in order to acquire accurate visual data. (Photogrammetry is the science of making measurements from photographs, especially for recovering the exact positions of surface points.)

Furthermore, the 30-minute video shows us the enhanced Project Cars 2 tyre model which now features tyre deformation. In order to faithfully model the tyre deformation, Slightly Mad Studios has received help from various tyre manufacturers.

Later on, Andy talks about the online and e-Sports parts of Pcars2. The Online Championships mode will allow us to set up our own league championships and provide us with tools to keep track of all the numbers. The e-Sports and online part of Pcars 2 will come with an arsenal of anti-idiot features that should, in theory, make online racing more enjoyable. All platforms will also feature the director/broadcaster functionality which enables a player to take the role of producer, while another player will be in charge of the streaming and commentating.

Last but not least, we learn that Project CARS 2 got hold of the official Indycar license, and will also introduce some new Motorsport series that were on the wishlist of the developer and many gamers out there.

Project CARS 2 will also feature proper triple screen support.
Dukester

Bails MacKenzie

Post by Bails MacKenzie »

I really wanted to hate PCars2 as much as I hate the first one, but there seems to be some decent work going into it this time.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Slightly Mad Studios and McLaren introduce the “As Close As It Gets” trailer featuring McLaren’s chief test driver Chris Goodwin. This trailer showcases the painstaking process behind the in-game development of the new McLaren 720S.

This first “Built by Drivers” video was filmed by Outrun Films at a location in London and at McLaren’s Technology Centre. Slightly Mad Studios announced that they will release 5 more films throughout the summer showcasing more behind the scenes footage of the Project CARS 2 development.

Head over to the official Project CARS website and check out the full article that accompanies this video.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Slightly Mad Studios published a new 4K Project CARS 2 trailer to promote their presence at the 2017 Electronic Entertainment Expo. The trailer shows us some fresh in-game footage of the upcoming racing title and with it also reveals that 22 September 2017 will be the official Project CARS 2 release date. Furthermore, keen observers will have noticed that the E3 trailer also features a number of new cars and new circuits that had not been revealed prior to this date.
Dukester

r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

And I thought I was a race-sim hoarder... I'm actually going to wait & see on this as I couldn't get into the original with its different feeling FFB.
Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dukester

norbs

Post by norbs »

Duke wrote:And I thought I was a race-sim hoarder... I'm actually going to wait & see on this as I couldn't get into the original with its different feeling FFB.
Capture.JPG

I backed it. it seems to reset the time played a lot. Maybe because of the updates. No idea
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

It will be Norbs. I found on PCars that any update would screw things over and I was always deleting saved profile data, resetting FFB and controls.

You'll get a nice return from it though :) I didn't back this one as the start point was a bit too steep for me at the time.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
norbs

Post by norbs »

Dr. Pain wrote:It will be Norbs. I found on PCars that any update would screw things over and I was always deleting saved profile data, resetting FFB and controls.

You'll get a nice return from it though :) I didn't back this one as the start point was a bit too steep for me at the time.

Nope, no returns on this one after they got in strife for the first one.