Youtube Racing Videos

iRacing
Sarsippius

Youtube Racing Videos

Post by Sarsippius »

Rather than spam the main thread I thought I'd start this one, anyone who's interested can watch and others can post theirs up as well.

This was a pretty eventful race getting knocked off track twice and having to fight my way back.

This was also a pretty tough race, I took a while to post this one because a lot of bumps and such seem to come through from VR but it doesn't seem there's much I can do about it.

This is just the start of the 24hr race with my team mate Jason driving.
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Re: Youtube Racing Videos

Post by wobblysauce »

So the title would be 'iRacing youtube videos'?
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

A bit redundant in the iRacing section ;)
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

Not the best of weeks but I managed at least one decent result, took three pole positions too :melt:

Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

I'm sure we all know what this feels like.

Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

Working back to the start of the season, this was a pretty good race, I was off a little on pace but there was plenty of battling going on to help keep me in it :)

Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

What's there to say about Spa, everyone seems to love it. This was a pretty hard fought race featuring a team mate of mine, Fer :)

Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

My first time ever at Le Mans and I can't say I'm a big fan of the track, it does have some good sections but I guess the straights kind of kill it a bit. It was a case of third times a charm this week.

Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

I uploaded two races this week, the first race was one of those races that's super intense the whole way, one of those occasional races which is the reason you do this but you also wonder if it's worth inflicting that level of stress on yourself :)

The second race was also good, probably less entertaining but worth uploading for me for more personal reasons.

Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

Bit of a different challenge this week, PI is almost the complete opposite to Zolder. Half the battle was trying to keep the front tyres healthy through the race.

Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

One of the craziest races I've had for a while, two massive dive bombs, one coming from a 5800 driver who should know better.

Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

This was about 13 hours into the race right after we got put into the wall by an HPD. I decided to record my mic but no commentary, just some back and forth between my team mate and I here and there.

Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

I'm sticking with the Porsche again this season, not jumping on the GTE hype :shake:

Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

A lot of people complain about Watkins being boring, I've always liked it but in this car it definitely isn't boring :shake:

Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

This was pretty hectic for the first few laps but then I was essentially on my own for the second two, I kept pushing and managed a 54 which was a pb for the week :)

It seems the Hughjass team decided to all run a race here together, there were 5 or 6 of them in the race, I saw some comment about a stream or something. You can pic them out from the blue and yellow skins you can also see in the video thumbnail.

KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Very cool
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

Thanks Knappo, I know these will never be hugely popular but if some people enjoy them I'm happy.

I've been battling a cold this week but was able to get some good races in. This may not be the most entertaining race to watch but I was at my limit the whole race and John didn't give me an inch.

Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

My opening stints in the 6 Hours of the Glen race from yesterday, I sure didn't make it easy for myself ;)

Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

This race was a bit like Sebring but the final chicane at Montreal usually delivers ;)

Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

Slow and steady wins the race :p some good fortune also helps of course. Without spoiling anything this must be one of my best ever results, it's a long one to watch through so if you're short on time queue it up to about lap 70 and watch to the end and you'll see where the title comes in, it's funny early in the race I thought to myself 'Starks obviously don't know how to drive' and well you'll see what I mean ;)

Look out for car #61 in the Audi, our very own hylas :yes:

Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

I felt like something a bit different this season and remembered way way back in the early days of iRacing enjoying some short track oval racing. I found a league that runs SK Mods and Late Models on Saturday mornings so decided to give it a try, I ended up doing better than I thought I would, I also had a bit of a go at some commentary for the Late Model race :)

Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

This week was a bit of an off week so I decided to pull the FR2.0 back out of the garage. I'm having a bit of a go at some commentary but I'm too much of a mumbler I think :melt:

Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

hylas and I teamed up again for Petit Le Mans along with another team mate, I did the opening double fuel stint, tough track for multi-class.

Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

Some more oval action, I tell ya Oxford is a tough track, anyone who thinks ovals are easy should give this a try ;)

Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

The following Late Model race, couldn't talk much in these races, just thinking about what to say would cost me time :)