Batten down the Hatches

all the ARSE dribble
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Re: Batten down the Hatches

Post by Duke »

36mm in my rain gauge for the preceding 24hrs & we didn't get anywhere near the worst of it.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Pretty much nothing here in Melb, some showers and that’s about it. Maybe tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

I think that the forecasts have been pretty good for this event. Yes the main part of the system moved further north than expected sparing Melbourne but several places got over 100mm to 9am this morning and there is another wave coming later today.

Looks like Muppet and the Doc got quite a bit..
eek
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

I was planning on a deluge to save me from tidying up my in-laws garden. It's not looking good.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

We've had about 87 mm here. It's been going around Benalla. We got 60 mm between 4 am and 8 am this morning but it hasn't rained since.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

It seems a farmer near Euroa built a wall to channel water into his dam. Which worked, but the overflow has blocked the freeway! :doh:
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Another 13.5mm at my place today so yes Melbourne missed most of it. But the North Eastern parts of the state have been hit hard.

Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

It hasn't been that bad. Yes it did rain heavy but they blew it out of the water, only because they didn't know what the hell was going to happen. The places that have flooded normally flood anyway and they've much much worse in the past. It just seems that any news is bad news and it travels faster than ever.
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

Live on an island.. most of it drained off.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

I guess it really does depend on where it falls, we got 84mm Sunday and that was really one main early morning storm and you wouldn't have known.
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

I was cleaning/moving stuff into our completed renos on Saturday - it started gently raining, but then at about 3pm we got a huge gust that snapped a big branch off one of our trees and dropped it half over the neighbour's fence. No bad damage, but all my girls including Bibi were on the water sailing (busted rib has kept me from sailing for last few weeks)! I raced over to the club to find Bibi with her instructor surfing in to the boat ramp at a great rate of knots. They survived but had an exciting time with no visibility, but every other boat in the fleet got knocked down by the big gust. The rescue boat had a busy time of it, but everyone was safe in the end.

Sunday was gloriously sunny and now its pissing down in Sydney.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

It was batten down the hatches last night, fucking hell! I live very close to the Melb/Sydney rail line and I thought I heard a train coming. It was no train but a front and it had more huff and puff than Tony Abbott :yikes: Lucky no damage but no power for 7 hours. Haven't seen a front that bad for a while.
Montey

Post by Montey »

Yeah, the storm totally farked my pergola. At last count the number of holes is well over 20.

We had hail that was literally golf ball sized and is was punching clean through the Laserlite roof on our pergola.

I've spent a good chunk of this morning securing a delivery of 34 sheets of replacement Laserlite so I can get the roof repaired in time for our Christmas function.
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!