Burning a movie to DVD

Chat about stuff you've seen
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Burning a movie to DVD

Post by smithcorp »

G'day chaps

I "acquired' a movie on torrent that came out as a .img file about 4.1 gigs. After casting about on the net for some advice, I renamed the file as a .iso file and attenpted to burn it to a DVD using Nerovision (or whatever its called).

It "saw" the iso file, but when I added the file to the DVD to be burnt, it showed it was only 10 minutes long, appeared to only be a title/warning screen and the file size was only a few MB.

I then renamed it back to .img and tried again, but Nero wasn't having any of that.

Any ideas, help, hints chaps?
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

CloneDVD2 from the slyfox mob
That will read the img file.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

What about DVD Shrink? I've got that (haven't got a clue how to use it though).
Sambo
Horse
Horse

Post by Sambo »

try alcohol 120%, just drop the image into a virtual drive and it should pop up like any other dvd would.....last time i checked it had burning capabilities aswell and its only about 20mb for the full version, miniova should be able to "sell" it to you
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

Strange things. Nero ended up burning the disc image fine, by using a different part of Nero (not nerovision). Weird.

Then I had some avi files i wanted to burn to DVD as a movie. Researched, ended up using TmpgEnc to convert the downloaded avi's to mpeg2, then burnt DVD, having to fiddle with bitrate to get it to fit on a 4 gig DVD blank. Result - great video on home DVD player, but no sound, after like a 50 minute burn. Frustrated, u tried to get Nero to burn the avi file as a DVD movie and it did it. Result, DVD that will play fine on home player and a file size that will fit two 50 minute episodes on one DVD. What gives? :confused:
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

smith, if you want to convert an avi etc to a dvd try either winavi or dvdsanta. The are both very simple to use. Once it's made them i still use CloneDVD to copy them to a disk though.
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

Smith, make sure you have the full on version of Nero. Most people have the basic version which does not allow for DVD encoding or video file coversion. In the window I have of options, I have at least 6 pages of different DVD encoding burning options in Nero.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

My Nero version came with my DVD burner. I guess it's the full version, but I'll check.
SamC
Photographer, not artist.

Post by SamC »

I just use DVDShrink, It's a peice of cake, put the DVD in DVD drive and blank DVD in the DVD burner, you can select which parts of the movie you want aswell, choosing which menus etc. then choose to burn it and wait about an hour and a bit depending on the length of the DVD and your done. :)

I would have thought that nero would do that img thing, but ah well
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

I dont like DVDshrink. I don't think it does a good job on contrast. If you look at the eyes, the whites seem to be very bright. There is just something off about it. DVDclone gives the best results when backing up your originals.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography