The Bend Motorsport Park - Updates

Chat about Formula 1, V8's, Indycar etc
Forum rules
Please be careful about posting results in threads discussing current sporting events.

Where possible can the first person to start a thread on an event add *spoilers included* (or similar) to the thread title so that all discussion on the event is kept in one place and readers are aware that the content may contain the results.

MADCAP

The Bend Motorsport Park - Updates

Post by MADCAP »

Hi Guys,

Thought Id start a thread for the Latest & Greatest track in Australia, it's been over 20 years since Australia got a new purpose motorsport track built and having said that, South Australia is the lucky duck to the Peregrine Corporation. Some of you might be aware that I landed a fulltime gig with The Bend Motorsport Park as their Graphic Designer / Photographer / Social Media Producer. Below are images from the last two major events we held.

Shannons Nationals & Australian GT Championship
https://flic.kr/s/aHskzVbT4d

ASBK & ARRC Championship
https://flic.kr/s/aHsmeAHoQ1

I look forward to future updates to the Mega Complex & for the ones that haven't visited yet, be sure to check it out, it still works in-progress but God Damn we are lucky to have this in our doorstep!

+ Current Ride 2016 Ducati 959 Panigale + 2016 TONY KART 401 X30 IAME + Santa Cruz Bronson V3 CC X01 +
richo

Re: The Bend Motorsport Park - Updates

Post by richo »

Fantastic photos , appreciate the updates.
[]D [] []v[] []D
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

That's an awesome gig.

I hope it does well, would be great if it could attract some big international events.
eek
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

I can't wait to see an AUS GT race on the full 7+km GT circuit, the Supercars will be awesome there too & it looks mega!!!
Inspired by some of the world’s most iconic race circuits, The Bend’s motor racing circuit will be Australia’s only circuit to comply with the latest FIA Grade 2 and FIM Category A standards.

At 7.77 kilometres in its maximum configuration, The Bend combines technical corners, fast flowing sections and an aggregate rise and fall of 85 metres to ensure exciting racing and an enjoyable drive. The track design is unique in offering 8 circuit configurations constructed with all forms of motorsport in mind.

GT CIRCUIT 7.77km
The challenging 7.77km long GT Circuit will be the second longest permanent race track in the world (second only to the Nordschleife - Nurburgring).
It’s suitable for GT and endurance racing as well as the perfect drive experience.

INTERNATIONAL CIRCUIT 4.95km
At 4.95km long, the International Circuit will be ideal for Supercars, Superbikes, national series events right through to state racing, club racing and private hire.

WEST & WEST PLUS CIRCUIT 3.41km
As it includes the main pit straight, the 3.41km West and West Plus configurations will be used for most short track events including club racing, testing, sprints, cruising events and driver/rider training.

EAST CIRCUIT 3.93km
With its own, smaller pit building, the 3.93km East Circuit can be run independently from the West Circuit. This configuration will be suitable for driver/rider training, drifting, testing, club days and private days.

In addition to these main five configurations, the West Circuit can be further divided into North and South West Loops and a Sprint variant. These configurations are suitable for short track events, drive experiences, testing and private track days. The North and South West Loops can be run simultaneously.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

So your the bastard that kept sending out old images of my track to the papers! Any chance of licensing yet? :P