Youtube Racing Videos

iRacing
Sarsippius

Re: Youtube Racing Videos

Post by Sarsippius »

I missed last years race but this was my third Spa 24hr, I'm not a fan of GT3 but it's always a good race. This is pretty deep into the race, running anywhere from 13th to 17th depending on stops. I had to deal with a few traffic jams here, catching cars laps down or cars laps up who were a bit slower than us or being caught by cars laps down who were a bit quicker.

We started 28th out of 59 starters and finished in 11th 6 laps down on the leader, I did 170 laps all up :faint:

Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

Another Radical race this week, I like Mosport but made a few silly mistakes, this one I didn't screw up but nearly ran into a few backmarkers :faint:

Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

Something a bit different, I did 25 races in the Legends way back when iRacing started but it looks like never at this particular track.

Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

I had a busy weekend last weekend wanting to do the Legends, get some practice in the Indycar at Pocono for the Majors and also running the Le Mans 24hr :faint:

I didn't have much luck in the Indycar, wrecked out of the first three races but finally got a decent one in my final race.

Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

Here is the opening of the Le Mans 24hr, we got ourselves into the 2nd split, starting in 11th. There was a bit of a rush as I wasn't supposed to be starting so I didn't have things set up properly and didn't record my mic chat.

The first stint went quite well but things fell apart a bit in the second, losing all the gains I'd made :(

Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

Another 10 Years of ... race, there's no love for VIR I guess, it was hard to find a race. This was the first time I've tried the South course and it's a pretty good combo for this car. It's been a few years since I've driven the Skippy so I was a bit all over the place but it turned out to be a fun battle for the lead.

Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

The Majors Series ran a Pocono 500 race over the weekend, there were a bunch of cautions early but then the race really got going. I managed to equal my best result of the championship so far :D I trimmed the cautions out (12 in total) and the video ended up almost 50 minutes shorter :faint:

Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

Short track racing in the Late Model is usually pretty fun, it's been a long time since I've raced at Stafford but I quickly remembered how to drive this track. In the first race the same guy made contact with me twice but seemed to be questioning me after the race :crazy:

I did a few more today at Martinsville but they were flag to flag victories so not that interesting to watch.

Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

The Majors Series has a Dirt Sprint Car race coming up so I've given some rookie Street Stock races a go, first race, first win! :D

Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

This race was a bit more interesting than my flag to flag win above, it was pretty furious there for a few laps. The track proved to be a bit tricky, it's something I'm liking about dirt so far is the track is always a little different each race.

Four races now and I've got my D license already :D

Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

Some more dirt. These Sling Mud for Fun are unofficial series and both cars are pretty crazy. I guess they're a way for people to run these cars without having to work all the way up the ladder. You can fit in a race every 30 minutes alternating between the two, if you want a good arm workout do six races in a row lol

The Super Late you really have to wheel the car and work the throttle and it's almost impossible not to get up into the wall at some point. The Sprint Car is crazy, foot to the floor, hang on and work that wheel :D

Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

So week one in the Limited Late Models, I'm planning to run as much of the season as I can, it's fixed so I don't have to worry about the setup side of things. So far I seem to be doing ok, I'm up against some better competition now but getting decent results given my car # is pretty high. Cold tyres are quickest on dirt too so I can usually qualify pretty high but then tend to drop back a bit.

Oval racing takes less prep so I'll probably try and run some FR2.0 races as well, see how I go :)