Ditching the glasses

all the ARSE dribble
Cursed

Re: Ditching the glasses

Post by Cursed »

pixelboy wrote:I'm considering getting this done soon..

Anyone else done it?
I am considering it, but don't know what the trigger point will be.

After my wife's cousin married an Icelandic model whose father is an ophthalmologist that performs this procedure, a whole bunch of my in-law clan have had it done and swear by it.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

My wife got it done 2 years ago, Her healthcare (Bupa ultimate) had free corrective surgery on the top plan. So she went up to that paying $40 more a month and sat on that plan for 6 months to end the waiting period. In the end, she got the more advance technique so the out of pocket was like $300.
But honestly after seeing how well it went and how much it changed her life if it was $10,000 I would have figured out how to get it done.

See got https://www.lasik.com.au/eye-treatment/smile/ done, I dropped her off at lunchtime on Friday, picked her up 2 hours later. On Friday night/Saturday morning she just hung around the house and slept. By Sunday she had 20/20 vision.

She has referred like 4 people to the place she went in Brisbane since then, never had any problems. I cannot recommend it more
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

I'm going to go for a consultation next week and see if I'm suitable. Thanks guys..
eek
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

I think my wife had that Smile one done, she looked into it all and supposedly it was the best option. She's Vietnamese and went back and got it done over there so the cost was pretty reasonable. It seems to have worked well although she does seem to get dry eyes but I'm guessing putting in drops a few times a day is a small price to pay.
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

How long ago Sarsippius? wife had a fair bit of dryness for 2-3 months, just a few drops per day. Nowdays she rarely complains only if she had a long day in the sun or something
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

It would be a couple years ago now, I don't know if she needs them quite so much anymore but she always has a bottle in her hand bag. I don't think working in front of a screen and being glued to facebook on the phone all days helps much ;)