Mick Schumacher

Chat about Formula 1, V8's, Indycar etc
Forum rules
Please be careful about posting results in threads discussing current sporting events.

Where possible can the first person to start a thread on an event add *spoilers included* (or similar) to the thread title so that all discussion on the event is kept in one place and readers are aware that the content may contain the results.

DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Mick Schumacher

Post by DexterPunk »

The kid’s on a role now and leading the champ with his last few rounds. The name alone surely has to be helpful getting him into an F1 car. Although I’d think the jump from F3 to F1 would be a big one. Hopefully he gets a good seat in GP2 or similar next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Re: Mick Schumacher

Post by w00dsy »

Something has clicked with him recently where he's gone from Ralf to Michael.
Last edited by w00dsy on Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Haha I reckon if he can look back at his career when it’s all done and dusted and fall somewhere in between the two he’d be happy. Still, I reckon Ralph was a somewhat underrated driver.

Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Yeah he seems like a nice kid who is quietly going about his business and getting the results he needs. I think it's too soon for F1 but maybe he's got an eye on F2 next year and then the 2021 F1 season. I wonder if a jump straight to a big team might be a bit much but he could be considering replacing Kimi at Sauber when he inevitably retires in a couple of years and then go to Ferrari for 23/24.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Must be a huge thing to deal with having seen his dad go from hero to struggling for his life. I dare say it would have grounded him a fair bit. Not many positives to come out of such a tragedy, but maybe that’s one of them.

Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

I see Dan Ticktum is making a dick of himself again by suggesting there's something suspicious about Schumacher's turn of form lately. A couple of tweets that were quickly deleted.
“I don’t like pointing fingers at anyone but to be honest, this weekend the pace in the car was not there. Setup mainly, as in the last race when we got the car better, we were pretty quick climbing from seventh to fourth.

“However compared to the top two no one on this grid had a chance. Even their other teammates who are good drivers were nowhere compared to them. Interesting is how I would describe their pace and I am confident many people in the F3 paddock will agree.

“To all people who have left negative comments on here… this is the one and only response you will get from me, so enjoy it. I’m not a sore loser. Neither am I salty. I have a huge respect for Mick who had dealt with a lot in the past few years.

“I am simply suggesting that it seems to have come from nowhere? I never said it was illegal. I appreciate I have lessons to learn still! I’m not denying that. You don’t know the real story because you are not at the track looking at everyone’s data. So I’m afraid I have to tell you that your opinion is invalid under these circumstances.

“Unfortunately however I am fighting a losing battle as my last name is not Schumacher.”
My Flickr Stream
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

Maybe he should punt him off while safety car is our like the good old days. I do kind of agree with him though, this sudden form has come out of nowhere. But it's probably not suspicious, Mick was ok and is now suddenly unbeatable. Maybe everything has just clicked with him and the team.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Even if that’s what you think, it’s always going to look bad tweeting about it when your championship is starting to slip away. And as you say woodsy, maybe it’s just all clicking right now, and if so, that last comment is pretty shitty.

I guess these guys are still young and are occasionally going to do or say the wrong thing. Verstappen still does :D

Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

You see this happen a lot in moto3 and moto2. A rider who was mid pack at best for some time all of a sudden just switches on and they start getting podiums then wins. Brad Binder and Franco Morbidelli are two that spring to mind.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Sometimes you get tracks that just suit your style too. I used to be blinding at some of the GPL tracks and others I couldn't drive for toffee! In F3 they do 3 races on a weekend so if it's a track you like, your setup is great, you're going to do well in all 3. Looking at the championship, a lot of the drivers are very inconsistent (the guy who won the first race has been nowhere since for example) so any proper consistency rockets you up the table.
My Flickr Stream