Tour of Duty

Chat about stuff you've seen
Bauer

Tour of Duty

Post by Bauer »

anyone remember this 80's show?

I found the first 4 eps from series 1 today and have watched the 1st one. Still as good today as it was then :tilt: (about what you would expect from a US TV series about the Vietnam war) Im looking forward to seeing more of Zeke and the gang :nod:
--------------
Stu
peter

Post by peter »

yeah i remember it cause it was on channel 7 for awhile this year
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

peter wrote:yeah i remember it cause it was on channel 7 for awhile this year
Yeah, I flicked on and saw it once. Since I was pretty young when it was first on it surprised me how crappy the production standards were. And how much "Vietnam" looked like the American countryside. Took me a while to recognise it. Still, I used to love the show. Wouldn't mind catching a few episodes.
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

Never liked it. It was meant to be a TV version of "Platoon", but it never really worked. HBO's Band of Brothers on the other hand, did a far better job.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

Hmmm

Rumor has it he also has the full series of "airwolf" and the full series Macgyver!!!

Guess he has put those in the collection along with his Spandau Ballet and Thompson twins albums!

You go Stu!!!!
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Hazelb wrote:Hmmm

Rumor has it he also has the full series of "airwolf" and the full series Macgyver!!!

Guess he has put those in the collection along with his Spandau Ballet and Thompson twins albums!

You go Stu!!!!
Go Stud Go!!!!

I hear he has a liking for Wham and Boy George, preferably in a hot tub with him ;)
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

norbs wrote:

You go Stu!!!!
Go Stud Go!!!!

I hear he has a liking for Wham and Boy George, preferably in a hot tub with him ;)
Its all Norbs fault. After chatting to him the other night I even reinstalled GPL :yikes: Talk about going retro :fall:
--------------
Stu
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Bauer wrote:
norbs wrote:

You go Stu!!!!
Go Stud Go!!!!

Its all Norbs fault. After chatting to him the other night I even reinstalled GPL :yikes: Talk about going retro :fall:
What!? How did norbs get you to reinstall GPL? Don't tell me old 1TW felt like some old time action?
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

we were talking about Aldo Scribante and after reading some old threads and having a laugh (like at how much of a wanker Dex was back then) I thought I would give it a run.
--------------
Stu
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

Bauer wrote:Its all Norbs fault. After chatting to him the other night I even reinstalled GPL :yikes: Talk about going retro :fall:
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Bauer wrote:we were talking about Aldo Scribante and after reading some old threads and having a laugh (like at how much of a wanker Dex was back then) I thought I would give it a run.
Ah man - that was a mongrel of a track.

But w00t! I still have the '65 WR :D.

Some bastard knocked me off the top of my '67 Cooper WR though. :melt:
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

smithcorp wrote:
Bauer wrote:Its all Norbs fault. After chatting to him the other night I even reinstalled GPL :yikes: Talk about going retro :fall:
holy shit Smiss. You have stumbled across a rare photo of El Kabong :eyepop:

:D
--------------
Stu