[PC2] Something, somewhere 15th Feb 2019

Racing league forum for all different games.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

[PC2] Something, somewhere 15th Feb 2019

Post by norbs »

I havent got any thing organised, so another free for all if I can get my ADSL to play nice.

Be warned, there is an RF2 FNF coming up soon.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Cursed

Re: [PC2] Something, somewhere 15th Feb 2019

Post by Cursed »

Please be sure to give us lots of warning about the RF2 plans. I got it up and running tonight and it certainly is not one for a casual dip-of-the-toe. It's going to need some preparation.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Thought I had it installed but when I fired it up earlier in the week it needed to download 10GB of workshop items. All the official content is done via the workshop as well, which doesn't download until you start the game.

I just need to sort out my steering. For some reason it's not 1:1. VR worked without issue (make sure you disable head movement via the slider). It uses steamvr so it should work for every headset.
StanDaam

Post by StanDaam »

I've spent the last month trying to get RF2 up n running properly... it's a bit of a beasty.
My main tips so far are:

If you have a G27: After you load the default logitech G27 settings, I was continually increasing the 'Car specific ffb mult' because it felt so weak. Discovered that the 'FFB Min Torque' setting on about 14 has cured that problem.

You can only join a server if you have all the tracks that the server has loaded, as well as the mod of course. The packages section holds the key to joining servers. Find the server you're trying to join in the list, then hover your mouse over the asterisk at the end of the name and it will show you what components you're missing.

The workshop items are the easiest for sure, but some servers still require you to manually put in the 'rfcmp' files.
hutchy

Post by hutchy »

StanDaam wrote:I've spent the last month trying to get RF2 up n running properly... it's a bit of a beasty.
My main tips so far are:

If you have a G27: After you load the default logitech G27 settings, I was continually increasing the 'Car specific ffb mult' because it felt so weak. Discovered that the 'FFB Min Torque' setting on about 14 has cured that problem.

You can only join a server if you have all the tracks that the server has loaded, as well as the mod of course. The packages section holds the key to joining servers. Find the server you're trying to join in the list, then hover your mouse over the asterisk at the end of the name and it will show you what components you're missing.

The workshop items are the easiest for sure, but some servers still require you to manually put in the 'rfcmp' files.
Hutchy's head just exploded.......will be giving RF2 a miss me thinks :D
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

hutchy wrote:Hutchy's head just exploded.......will be giving RF2 a miss me thinks :D
Im the same, wont have the time to set everything up.
As they say, aint nobody got time fo dat.

Have fun lads :drivingbanana:
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Don't think we're doing RF2 tonight. Norbs is just giving time for people to set it up for a future night. norbs edit. thanks Darren
Shouldn't take any more work to set up than any other sim.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

I don't understand why they need a menu outside the game and then one in it. It seems so cumbersome. The driving model of rf2 is quite nice though.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I thought the PC2 in the title was give away to what we were doing to tonight, but call me crazy :dunce:

I hope my computer plays nice so I can be there. It's doing weird shit and now I'm getting overclock failures. Yet I just spend a few hours playing DC universe online with no trouble :?
Minister for Religious Genocide.
Cursed

Post by Cursed »

Sorry if I unintentionally derailed the thread.

Anyway.. not sure if I'll be in for PC2 tonight. It's wedding anniversary time again and it depends if the Mrs would prefer I was not having fun simulating with a group of men tonight.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Happy Anniversary Cursed.

Good night racing gents.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.