6 hours at the glen

iRacing
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

6 hours at the glen

Post by NeilPearson »

Anyone keen to get a two man team going for this?

https://members.iracing.com/jforum/post ... 51721.page

Start time is 11am AEST on Saturday. The other times are pretty wack for us Aussies.

Im.loving the BMW m8 GTE it's pretty quick around here and the vrs setup is easy to drive.

Open to anyone who wants to have a go don't care about iRating
DarrenM

Re: 6 hours at the glen

Post by DarrenM »

Had a run the other night but I was all over the place. Maybe the next one if I get more practice in :)
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Re: 6 hours at the glen

Post by NeilPearson »

All good. Ran the 9am one, found someone from the ir forum

Qualified on pole in GTE. Drove away from everyone. Lap 20ish got caught up in some GT3 moronic driving. Dropped back to 5th. Car has a minute of optional damage.

Slowly repaired it over the next few stops

3 hour mark we had worked our way back to the lead, and my computer decided to BSOD. Not sure why, cpu is OC but it ran stable in every test I did.

Dropped us to 15th. Team mate did his stint got us up to 9th and I jumped in and just timed the weather. It dropped from 50c track temp to 40 just as I came out of the pits and I was running about 3 seconds a lap faster than any other GTE. I think everyone else had bad tires and just couldn't get the weather. Managed to get back on the lead lap, and then with 20 mins to go I was 30 seconds behind the leader in 3rd when I was caught by 3 DPs two were running for position one was being a mennace a lap down.

Anyway due to them not actually taking any passing moves on me when I gave them room it was a cluster fuck. They were trying to dive bomb me, then dropping back enough to then try dive bomb the next corner.

I tried to give them room on the first right hander in the boot, but I slid off the track into the tires, followed by a DP who did the same and then reversing out of the wall my tires mounted a different wall that flipped me. Was shit. Ended up 12th with all these DP drivers telling me I have to get out of their fucking way and im a retard for Blocking.

When I replied with I have the racing line you need to pass me safety I was told to just get out of the fucking way.

Im surprised these guys lasted that long in the race.

I got me a few protests to file from those DPs