Deactivating Facebook

all the ARSE dribble
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Re: Deactivating Facebook

Post by norbs »

I copped some shit last year because I didn't post anything from my trip overseas while I was gone. So this trip, I will and see what the reaction is like.

The bride got even more shit from Facebook people.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Speed

Post by Speed »

norbs wrote:I copped some shit last year because I didn't post anything from my trip overseas while I was gone. So this trip, I will and see what the reaction is like.

We don't post anything while we are away either.
Insurance companies don't like it because it's a big advertisement to everyone that one is away....obviously not a problem if someone is looking after the house.
http://500px.com/Warren_Joyce" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Re: RE: Re: Deactivating Facebook

Post by norbs »

Speed wrote:
norbs wrote:I copped some shit last year because I didn't post anything from my trip overseas while I was gone. So this trip, I will and see what the reaction is like.

We don't post anything while we are away either.
Insurance companies don't like it because it's a big advertisement to everyone that one is away....obviously not a problem if someone is looking after the house.
Plenty off people looking after the joint this year.

Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

Well it's been about a week or so since I've deactivated. I haven't missed it at all to be fair. I have missed not being able to use the marketplace though, but guess I can use the Mrs account for that or relook at how I can use Facebook for that stuff.

I've felt better not having it and honestly have found some motivation at work and home which has been good. I still have messenger for those that need contacting and don't see that much different than SMS really. I have realise I've had to sign in with FB with some things like Spotify etc. So reactivation, signing in, deactivating again is what I've been doing.

I still spend too much time on Reddit, lol

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
Coopz
King of the Wierd
King of the Wierd

Post by Coopz »

Nothing really social about social media.. These days it just seems to be 'like' farming. Some friends will put up a pic, if it doesn't get enough likes within 1 hour they take it down.
norbs wrote:
Stop bullying him. You have more birthdays each year than he gets roots!
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

It has been really good without it. Don't miss it at all now. There's some group stuff I don't get invited to anymore for the motorbike groups, but the important stuff the Mrs keeps me informed. I find it easier to talk to people now, especially new ones, which is weird? You're right Coops about it not really about being social.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I leave my phone at home when I go to school and I'm the only one doing it. We'd have 7 people in the room and it will be dead quiet as their heads are buried in their phones checking news feeds, facebook, tinder ect... I do think it can have it's place but limit the time you look at it. Maybe check once or twice a day and try to leave it at that.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Instagram have expanded a test allowing people to disable the public display of like counts. They say it's for mental health, but I don't see how it's going to make much difference when people can still see how many likes their own posts get.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/7/17/2069 ... ew-zealand