A new Red Dead?

General game chat
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Re: A new Red Dead?

Post by r8response »

nutty wrote:Anyone playing? Put around 3-4 hours in so far today, Its a bit slower than I expected but like most rockstar games its fantastic
The pace feels quite a lot slower than the original Red Dead.

I've only explored a small portion of the map. And that's barely unlocked a 10th of the overall map. Lots to do, even more to see.
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Mine arrived today. Haven't got round to installing it yet. Apparently it's a good hour to get the patch and do the install!
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

90 minutes to install!!!
Haven't played yet though.
My Flickr Stream
Cursed

Post by Cursed »

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Will purchase for a 2nd time if it does hit PC

PARAM_Oculus Full game in VR?
Cursed

Post by Cursed »

r8response wrote: PARAM_Oculus Full game in VR?
Having found Fallout 4 to be a completely new experience in VR over the pancake version, I would definitely buy in to that. Might just be a development test artefact and nothing more, though.
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

I've done the first 30 mins or so of it. Very clumsy and slow controls but hopefully there's a way to pick up the pace on that a bit. I've seen suggestions of going in to the accessibility options and setting run to the default. Also seems to be a common complaint in forums that the controls are a bit slow so maybe another 3Gb patch will sort that soon. Looks amazing. The snow effects alone look brilliant. Had a slightly slow shootout but that might just be cos I probably have a crappy gun and I'm not sure how I'll get on with having to search everywhere for food and keep eating to keep going. That might get a bit tedious after a while but we'll see how it goes.
My Flickr Stream
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I would buy this if made for VR. Having played Star Trek bridge crew and Marvel powers united, VR would be awesome. Even though your screen is on your face, I find that extra dimension just adds another level and developers should get on board. It's hard to explain to anyone who has not tried VR but anyone who has knows that this game in VR would be amazing and I think it would sway the market to VR. It's a bit lacking at the moment but it's the future of gaming.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

They’d need to work out a way of getting around. Robo Recall and similar games do it well by teleporting. Walking and running in game while you stand still is pretty disorientating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I found my first time in powers united VR that my body was trying to counter balance movement that wasn't there so I kept falling backwards if I stood to play. But you can sit down and play that game. That's the option they need to give you. The movement and actions in powers united would carry over to this title so well. Blackwidow and Deadpool have guns on their hips and you grab beside your hip and pull up to un-holster the pistols. Then you have to aim.

But back to movement, I got use to it after sometime and I can stand and play powers united without going arse up but it took time.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
Cursed

Post by Cursed »

DexterPunk wrote:They’d need to work out a way of getting around. Robo Recall and similar games do it well by teleporting. Walking and running in game while you stand still is pretty disorientating.
Strangely, with all the comfort settings disabled in Fallout 4 VR I don't get any weird sensations at all. I'm not sure what magic they have. I'm pretty sure I felt squeamish with Skyrim VR and Ethan Carter VR with free locomotion, but not with FO4. Maybe I'm just hardcore and you're a bunch of pansies.
petey

Post by petey »

Played an hour in Fallout 4 VR the other day with smooth locomotion, did feel a tiny bit nauseas towards the end. However I am not able to run it properly on my pc either which could be adding to the issue.

Although this is derailing the thread a little I do apologise.

On topic, I am waiting for a potential PC release for RDR2, if it doesn't come in a year or so I will purchase for console. Until then, waiting it is.
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Cursed wrote:
DexterPunk wrote:They’d need to work out a way of getting around. Robo Recall and similar games do it well by teleporting. Walking and running in game while you stand still is pretty disorientating.
Strangely, with all the comfort settings disabled in Fallout 4 VR I don't get any weird sensations at all. I'm not sure what magic they have. I'm pretty sure I felt squeamish with Skyrim VR and Ethan Carter VR with free locomotion, but not with FO4. Maybe I'm just hardcore and you're a bunch of pansies.

I don't get sick, it just feels wrong. But I haven't tried Fallout 4 to see how they have done it.
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

I'm about 5-6 hours in to this now. I've completed the first chapter which walks you through the initial story set up, some simple tasks, teaching you the controls etc and now I'm free to roam.

It's not too bad. I'm not wetting myself over how amazing it is but it looks nice enough. The controls are a little sluggish but I can live with that for the moment. I do wonder if the need to sleep and eat will get on my nerves though. I picked a random mission that happened to open up some good chunks of the map so I've done a fair bit of exploring so far but still got nearly 100 missions to go yet!!
My Flickr Stream
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Im prob 60 hours in over the past two weeks, Im in chapter 5, which without spoiling was very different.

I really enjoy the game, Ive never been a huge single player RPG fan, but this is the rare exception. All the little interactions and side missions are fantastic, I never thought I would be the person running around hunting animals and doing all the little things. The only real criticism I have is that the jump jump between the chapters is huge and some side missions seemly disappear. So now I feel like like I missed a few that are gone for good.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

A new Red Dead?

Post by DexterPunk »

Just got this on the weekend. Chapter 1 done, and just messing around with it now. I don’t play many games like this on console, so the learning curve with the controller isn’t easy. At the moment I feel like I’m trying to push through the controller annoyance so I can finally enjoy it. I feel so slow and awkward with everything I’m doing. Even the left stick to move the camera for me feels clumsy.

Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Worth getting the companion app on tablet. It gives you a map that's easier to access and you can actually see the icons properly (I always struggle to identify the map blobs on these games), all your inventories and there's a manual with the controls and general info.

I'm just hoping my horse gets quicker later on. 98% of the game at the moment is just horse riding.... for aaaaaages.
My Flickr Stream
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

nutty wrote:I really enjoy the game, Ive never been a huge single player RPG fan, but this is the rare exception. All the little interactions and side missions are fantastic, I never thought I would be the person running around hunting animals and doing all the little things.
If you haven't already, you might want to give the Assassins Creed games a go. Almost identical but just in a different location. I especially liked the London based Syndicate and Origins which is in Egypt. I did 70-100 hours on each. Very good value for money.
My Flickr Stream
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Somewhere in the midst of the 3rd act, thought I had dirt on the monitor. Turns out it was flies. Time for a bath :D
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

This might come in handy later if anyone is after 100% completion
https://rdr2map.com/
My Flickr Stream
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

How do you take a bath or wash clothes? I look filthy haha!

r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

DexterPunk wrote:How do you take a bath or wash clothes? I look filthy haha!

Go to a Saloon and you can take a bath (and rent a room if you want)

Came across a meeting of some nice gentlemen in robes the other night. Snuck in, ready to throw a stick of dynamite in their midst.. Only for one of them to bump into the cross and then spread the fire to the rest

:rofl:

Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Really not getting gripped by this yet. Seems more of a chore at the moment. Hell I even restarted and played 4 hours of Half Life 2 at the weekend and didn't clock any time on RDR2 at all.
My Flickr Stream
brocko

Post by brocko »

Coming to PC in Nov, might finally see what the fuss has been about this game