NBN - Anyway to speed up the installation?

Need a hand with a home project, how to fix that bloody roof leak, hang a door etc...
somebloke

NBN - Anyway to speed up the installation?

Post by somebloke »

Hoping some fellow ARSE's may be able to help out or provide any advice.

I recently moved into a new address which i believe was NBN ready prior. Since then that house was bulldozed and two new subdivisions built on the land.

Therefore according to the NBN, house 2 is NBN ready and house 2A (mine) is not NBN ready. An ISP would sell the NBN to the house next door no issues.

Both houses are mirror images of each other and are considered NBN ready by the builder. There is the data point on the outside wall and the NBN cable running in a conduit to the outside telephone pit/pole. Both addresses require the NBN box connected on the wall and connection to the outside NBN area from what i can see. I don't believe either address is exactly NBN ready as such but definitely are both in the same current state.

I have had to lodge an application with the NBN for my address to be registered and start the ball rolling with NBN. I have been given a completion date of 5/3/20 at this time.

Essentially these guys have me by the balls. I am unable to get ADSL in the area as the whole suburb has been changed over for the NBN. I am unable to get fixed wireless due to the line of sight issues. So i can't have the internet at all in short.

My iRacing addiction and the wives' Netflix addiction are suffering right now. Does anyone have any ideas or anything to get this resolved otherwise we are going to have to spend more time together and there is only so much Real Housewives of whatever the fuck location/Kardashians etc that i can stand.

Cheers, Ben.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Re: NBN - Anyway to speed up the installation?

Post by r8response »

Do you know what kind of NBN you're expecting? HFC/FTTN/FTTC/FTTP?
somebloke

Re: NBN - Anyway to speed up the installation?

Post by somebloke »

The processed application says that it is HFC.