1968 F1 Mod Released

GPL related chat
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

1968 F1 Mod Released

Post by Duke »

GPL 1968 F1 Mod Released
The 1968 F1 Mod for Grand Prix Legends has taken about 7 years of work to get it to this point and I am happy now with the result.
The physics have been made unique to 68 F1 and should accurately model how the cars behaved in both Early and Late 68.
The ai have been set to work normally on Intermediate difficulty and to give reasonably accurate but not exact results. Each ai driver has been given a retirement chance based on how many races he finished in real life. That does not mean if a driver retired at Spa he will always retire there in the mod. It is calculated over the whole season.
A manual installation is needed. Just extract all of the files in the downloaded .7z using WinRAR or 7-ZIP then move or copy them in to your GPL install which is usually SIERRA/GPL (the GPL folder in the download is merged with your current GPL game folder) and select the mods through GEM. None of the files should conflict/overwrite anything. It really is that simple and actually quicker than using an installer. In the attached Read Me there is a little extra information about the mod.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Re: 1968 F1 Mod Released

Post by Big Kev »

Nice. Amazing that there is still a community going for it.

Someone though should tell that guy the corner is called Knicker Brook not Knickerbok.

:D
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Re: 1968 F1 Mod Released

Post by durbster »

I'll always get nostalgic when looking at GPL stuff. I can't begin to guess how many hours I spent playing it since the Watkins Glen demo came out stuck to the front of a magazine :)