VR Games

General game chat
Cursed

Re: VR Games

Post by Cursed »

Fired up Half Life Alyx for 20 minutes before starting work this morning. It sure looks very pretty and very detailed. I need to spend some time working out some of the accessibility options; for one getting SteamVR's seated position stuff working and I need to see if there's anything that can be done about the snap turning which I find annoying.

I've only seen intro stuff so far, so I can't really comment on the gameplay much at this point.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]
petey

Post by petey »

Gameplay is excellent, lots of throw backs and new ideas aswell. I have been using the snap turning on 45degree as my preference, the continuous turn is too nauseas and not fast enough sometimes. using a WMR setup I had to bind a crouch toggle and I have been playing seated.

Highly recommend the game to any half life fan or someone looking for a solid VR game.
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Shut up, you are costing me moneys :)
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
petey

Post by petey »

Blame valve
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
Cursed

Post by Cursed »

I'm a good way into Alyx now. I solved my seated position issues with OpenVR Advanced Settings which allowed me to essentially lower my virtual floor (I also use this for Fallout 4 VR). They've also now enabled continuous turning which suits me better than turning in 15-90 degree chunks. It's a linear game progression (just like Half Life), but it is an impressively detailed world with gobs of spooky ambience in the right places.

My brain is having problems remembering the buttons to properly handle the guns, but I'm sure I'll get there by the end of the game.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]
petey

Post by petey »

Part of the fun is getting caught off guard running out of bullets, then forgetting how to reload because holy shit a head crab is flying at you.
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

There's an excellent puzzle game series called The Room by Fireproof games https://www.fireproofgames.com/ that you guys might like. Their newest game is VR only.

I've played all the previous normal ones and really liked them but I don't have any VR gear so I'll have to pass on this one.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Transpose Free if you claim it between now and April 14th.

I know nothing about it, I don't even have VR.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

r8response wrote:Transpose Free if you claim it between now and April 14th.

I know nothing about it, I don't even have VR.

Thanks.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
hutchy

Post by hutchy »

Bought this on a whim on Sunday......have to say really good fun!!
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I've seen that before but didn't buy it. I have DCS world and have a Harrier for VTOL. But of late I've been trying to launch a 33 ton SU-33 off a Russian carrier only to fail and fall off the front. It's a beast and I bloody love it!

Minister for Religious Genocide.
hutchy

Post by hutchy »

I have DCS world also but no decent flight controls......VTOL uses the Oculus hand controls only.... works really well!!
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Oh cool. I found No Man's Sky and EVE Valkyrie have similar VR controls and they work well.
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

I have a 2017 OG Vive. I originally played the shit out of it. Loved it. Then all of a sudden I couldn't get past the screen door effect and it has ruined it for me. As well as the very narrow FOV. Syncanix has an Occulus and I think the headset is clearer and a wider FOV.

It's really a shame. I can really only play dark games like Beat Saber or anything darkish. Something like Alyx or sim racing and the SDE is just in the way and I can't look past it.

I want the Index dammit!

I thought Job Simulator and I Want You to Die were awesome. The Forest is also good in VR and way spookier. I've played a horror game or 2 and noped the fuck out real quick, lol
Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
hutchy

Post by hutchy »

Dr. Pain wrote:Oh cool. I found No Man's Sky and EVE Valkyrie have similar VR controls and they work well.
Is No Man's Sky worth it now?? it got a bad rap in the beginning....
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

It is now it's in VR. I finally got off planet into space and it looks great in VR.
Santaria

Re: RE: Re: VR Games

Post by Santaria »

hutchy wrote:
Dr. Pain wrote:Oh cool. I found No Man's Sky and EVE Valkyrie have similar VR controls and they work well.
Is No Man's Sky worth it now?? it got a bad rap in the beginning....
I've sunk about 70+ hours into it. Worth it I reckon. I go back to it often.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
hutchy

Post by hutchy »

Cheers fellas I'll look into it!!
GXTracker
Fluffed nipple blades

Post by GXTracker »

Santaria wrote:I've played a horror game or 2 and noped the fuck out real quick, lol
Alien: Isolation with MotherVR was it for me... practically thew the damn thing across the room! :eek:
Steven "GXTracker" Wilton
Checkout my GPL movies page