Space Force

Chat about stuff you've seen
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Space Force

Post by w00dsy »

Only watched the first episode, didn't find it funny at all. If you're willing to watch more of it then let me know how it goes.

r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Re: Space Force

Post by r8response »

Doesn't improve after the first ep.
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

I've watched 7 episodes I think -I'm enjoying it. It has some funny jokes and John Malkovich is fantastic in it.
richo

Post by richo »

I have enjoyed it somewhat but if it didn't have John Malkovich in it I don't think i would have kept watching it.
[]D [] []v[] []D
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Considering the cast, it is a bit of a let down. But I am only 2 eps in.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

Finished it last night - some laugh out loud bits for me, overall I enjoyed it, though it was patchy. No spoilers but it ends on a cliffhanger that assumes it will move to a second season.

Reminds me, I downloaded a movie called The Adventures of Rufus the Amazing Pet, for the kids to watch. It was an absolute shower of shit with 90s standard animation with a live action cast. It uses the mechanism of a kindly grandfather reading a book to his device-addicted, but now entranced by the story grandkids, and then playing out the action after the grandfather starts to read. It was awful, but at the end it does that terrible thing where the magical being, after getting home with the dubious help of two kids, immediately returns to say to the kids their help is needed again to save the magical kingdom. Then it cuts to the grandfather putting the book back on the shelf, the kids whining 'oh can we hear more' and then the camera focuses on a book on the shelf called The Adventures of Rufus the Amazing Pet, Part 2.

Jesus we laughed our heads off at the conceit of this shit movie assuming it will be a franchise. Not even Bob was interested.
hutchy

Post by hutchy »

Enjoyable for me......not the complete let down I thought it would be. John Malkovich certainly props it up!!
norbs

Post by norbs »

Ben Swartz screaming at Siri to send a tweet. LOL
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

I started watching this after the rocket launch on Saturday.

It's amusing but I wasn't reassured by space-chimp in episode two. They lost me with that but I'll probably carry on watching (might as well, since I still can't go to the pub).
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

I liked the chimp and dog episode - and the fact they were sent up to go viral and after that, they ghosted them. The whole thing was very Trumpy, down to the obvious Russian spy getting POTUS to text the head of space force to let him see a top secret piece of equipment.
norbs

Post by norbs »

smithcorp wrote:I liked the chimp and dog episode - and the fact they were sent up to go viral and after that, they ghosted them. The whole thing was very Trumpy, down to the obvious Russian spy getting POTUS to text the head of space force to let him see a top secret piece of equipment.
It seems it is very much a satirical show. The Latino senator/congress woman was obviously AOC. The other guy who was a flat earther and god fearing.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I really enjoyed it.
Minister for Religious Genocide.