Post by VTRacing »

Hyped as fuck.

:teach:
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Re: Dune

Post by Duke »

I'm not sure any cinematic release will do the book(s) justice but I'm be keen to see how this version depicts it.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Looks much better than the David Lynch film at least!

Dune is my favourite book of all time. I've read the complete (Frank Herbert) series numerous times.

This is being split into two films so hopefully can do the book justice. Not sure how it'll translate into a Hollywood blockbuster given how introspective the novels are but I like what I see so far. As long as it's a good film I'll dig it. I know I can't expect a 100% correct adaptation.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

I do not recall Chani ever calling him Paul, that annoyed me... It was always Muad'Dib in company and Usul in private.
Lady Jessica is nowhere near the beauty she should be.
Making Liet a woman, changes like that really shit me. If you know the world of Dune even remotely you would know that a woman could never lead the Fremen, what our World says or nae.

Small nitpicks this Villeneuve bloke is one of the best filmakers around today. Loved his Blade Runner, so I'm looking forward to this greatly. Hope Part 2 eventuates, no sure thing.
I drink a great deal, I sleep a little and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two hundred percent form - Sir Winston Churchill
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

Yeah it looks pretty good but it was hard for me not to pick up on bits of dialogue that sounded wrong like Jamo mentioned, or the talk between Paul and the Bene Geserit about Leto losing Caladan and Dune. I just gotta put little things like that aside and enjoy the whole, I mean I still enjoy the Lynch version despite its issues. I'm mainly trying to avoid getting hyped because I find that usually leads to disappointment.