Australia's crazy weather

all the ARSE dribble
Santaria

Re: Australia's crazy weather

Post by Santaria »

Big Kev wrote:
durbster wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:20 am Tried a few of the tips too - the cold towels are good.
Hot water bottle in the freezer is good. 1/3rd full, let the air out and freeze it. Stays solid and cold for hours. Then you can sit on the sofa with it behind your neck, under your feet, under one arm etc. Just needs something around it like a tea towel to dull off the chill a bit. You can also lay it on the bed 20 mins before you're going in there and you have a lovely cool patch to lie in.

I got an aircon unit last winter. Best money I've ever spent. No point trying to buy one now as they'll all be sold out so I got it in January when the stores had loads. You just need to do a bit of research with measuring the room size and working out the BTU's you need to get enough cooling. Just by way of example, on the really hot Monday I got home from work and my living room was 29.5C. After 40mins with the aircon on blastic 18C air in to the room it was down to a much more pleasant 26.8. Then I just kept running it on and off for 5 mins or so when ad breaks were on the TV to keep it nice during the evening.
Depending on the Aircon type, it's generally inefficient to turn it on and off. Set it to 24-25c and let it run so it can cool the room down and maintain the temp instead of having to run flat out all the time to cool a hot room down.

Inverter type ACs are more energy efficient and generally the norm these days.

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Thanks for the tip. I'll try that next time. Only problem is it's loud enough that I can't hear the TV so it's more convenient to run it that way but I'll give it a go. It might be quieter if it's ticking along rather than just running harry flatters. I'm also planning on getting a new TV soon so I dunno if the tech has advanced a lot in the 8 years since my last one but I might be able to use bluetooth headphones which would get round that problem :)
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

DarrenM wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:31 pm I use an ice brick wrapped in a tea towel the same way. If I'm too hot at night and can't get to sleep I'll sometimes run cold water over my hands and feet. Gets the core temp down pretty quickly.
Yeah, an old squash trick was to run cold water over the insides of your wrists where the blood is close to the surface.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.