2022 FORMULA 1 HEINEKEN DUTCH GRAND PRIX

Chat about Formula 1, V8's, Indycar etc
Forum rules
Please be careful about posting results in threads discussing current sporting events.

Where possible can the first person to start a thread on an event add *spoilers included* (or similar) to the thread title so that all discussion on the event is kept in one place and readers are aware that the content may contain the results.

Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Circuit Zandvoort
Lap data
Lap length 4.259km (2.646 miles)
Race laps 72
Race distance 306.648km (190.542 miles)
Pole position Left-hand side of the track
Maximum speed 309kph (192.004 mph)
Distance from grid to turn one 215m

UK Times
Friday 2nd September 2022
Netherlands Grand Prix Free Practice 1: 11:30
Netherlands Grand Prix Free Practice 2: 15:00
Saturday 3rd September 2022
Netherlands Grand Prix Free Practice 3: 11:00
Netherlands Grand Prix Qualifying: 14:00
Sunday 4th September
Netherlands Grand Prix: 14:00

Previous Winners
1980 Brazil Nelson Piquet Brabham-Ford
1981 France Alain Prost Renault
1982 France Didier Pironi Ferrari
1983 France René Arnoux Ferrari
1984 France Alain Prost McLaren-TAG
1985 Austria Niki Lauda McLaren-TAG
1986–2020 Not held
2021 Netherlands Max Verstappen Red Bull Racing-Honda

Videos

Prost 1983 - Verstappen 2021 Comparison

Standings

ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Re: 2022 FORMULA 1 HEINEKEN DUTCH GRAND PRIX

Post by Duke »

While I love the notion behind it, the blatant sales & marketing is cringe-worthy...

Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Couldn't possibly do without the giant red bull logo for 1 race. We would forget who he races for.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

LH losing his mind last night was piss funny.

I really hope we arent at the start of another dominance. A lot will have to go wrong with MV for him not to win the championship in the next few rounds.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Same here Norbs. Unfortunately the only way I can see Red Bull not being dominant next year is for Merc to get another decent car. The best Ferrari can ever hope for is a car that can steal the odd win.

That VSC last night robbed us of a race. Max still would have won but having to overtake two Mercs without such a massive tyre offset surely would have been more entertaining.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

There was mention of the coincidence that Ferrari have gone off the pace since the new floor flexing rules came in. As I recall, that's exactly what happened to them the last time they were competitive - some rule gets tightened up and suddenly Ferrari drop back but they insist it's just a coincidence.

HAM did apologise for mouthing off at the team and rightly so. It was a bit like Abu Dhabi in that whatever he did he was probably screwed by the safety car so bitching at the strategists wasn't on. They probably should have had a 2-3 though.

I thought Russell was impressive. He seems to have that "bigger picture" brain that some drivers have where they can think strategically while on the pace. And he's not afraid to try stuff out.

The Tsunoda thing was ... weird and the inevitable conspiracies are already rolling.
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

I agree completely about Russell. He's happy to make the call on a tyre or pit strategy while the race is going on (did the same at Williams). Hamilton relies much more on the team. Jeez he even moaned in previous seasons when they put him on a certain tyre and didn't agree and then went on to get fastest lap and win the race (on several occasions).

With Tsunoda I think he thought the tyre wasn't on. Stopped, undid his belts to get out, then they told him no the tyre is ok so he had to come back to the pits to get his belts done up and they decided to put new tyres on again and then he reported the same issue of a loose feeling car on the out lap so they told him to stop.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream