F1 22

Discussion of F1, Dirt etc
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

F1 22

Post by Duke »

TAKE YOUR SEAT FOR THE NEW ERA – LAUNCHING JULY 1, 2022 – EA SPORTS F1® 22
Race Day Reimagined with New Cars, Regulations, Race Options, and the Introduction of the Miami Grand Prix

Redwood City, Calif. – April 21, 2022 – Codemasters® and Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) today enter a new era of Formula 1® with the announcement of EA SPORTS F1® 22, releasing worldwide on Friday, July 1. In the biggest shake-up for over a decade, players will take their seats for the 2022 FIA Formula One World Championship™ in new hybrid cars, as overhauled rules reimagine the race weekend with the inclusion of F1® Sprint races. With a more competitive and unpredictable line-up, players will test their skills across the 2022 calendar, including the International Autodrome for the inaugural Miami Grand Prix. In another first, players can step into the glamorous world of Formula 1® with F1® Life, a customisable hub to show off their collection of supercars, clothing, and accessories, earned via gameplay, Podium Pass, and the in-game brand store. Players can pre-order the Champions Edition now, which includes three days early access and a time-limited Miami inspired content pack.*

“We look forward to welcoming our players to the new era of Formula 1®,” said Lee Mather, F1® Senior Creative Director at Codemasters. “Alongside the real-world changes, we have updated the physics to accommodate the new aero rules and re-worked the tyre model, making the handling more true to life. With new and updated circuits, Adaptive AI, F1® Life, and expanded gameplay options, there has never been a better time for players to take their seats and live the life of an F1® driver.”

The redefined race day allows players to customise their set-up with new Immersive and Broadcast options that affect formation laps, safety car periods, and pit stops. Select Immersive, and players will face risk-reward challenges, which could be the difference between a place on the podium or finishing outside the points. Broadcast takes the pressure off, with controlled and authentic cinematics that keeps players close to the action. For the ultimate immersive F1® experience, the new PC VR functionality via Oculus Rift and HTC Vive enables players to feel the drama from right inside the cockpit.

For new and casual fans, the new Adaptive AI keeps less experienced players competitive throughout each race, with opposing AI racers tailored to match the skill level. Accessible menus and handling also return to help players get to the action quickly without the need to understand the complexities of the sport. The refreshed Practice Programs offer more variety with new scoring systems and on-track visualisations. This helps players navigate each twist and turn to perfection before racing for those all-important championship points.

F1® 22 also boasts enhancements to returning features, including My Team, allowing players to choose their starting budget based on three entry points: Newcomer, Challenger, and Front Runner. The game sees real-life track updates to Australia, Spain, and Abu Dhabi to reflect recent changes. F1® 22 also features its critically acclaimed 10-year Career, complete with a two-player option, and Multiplayer is back for epic races against the global racing community.

* Miami themed contact pack available as part of Champions Edition pre-order until May 16. Content will be received at launch. Conditions and restrictions apply. See https://www.ea.com/games/f1/f1-22/game- ... isclaimers for details

Below information pulled from the press release.
– Release date: July 1, 2022
– 2022-spec Grand Prix cars
– Miami Grand Prix Track
– Track updates to Australia, Spain, and Abu Dhabi
– Sprint races
– PC VR functionality via Oculus Rift and HTC Vive
– Updated physics and re-worked the tire model
– Adaptive AI tailored to match the skill level
– Immersion and Broadcast options that affect formation laps, safety car periods, and pit stops
– MyTeam has new Newcomer, Challenger, and Front Runner funding options
– Shortened name: F1 22
– F1 Life feature: “customizable hub to show off their collection of supercars, clothing, and accessories, earned via gameplay, Podium Pass, and the in-game brand store”
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Re: F1 22

Post by Duke »

Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Dukester

nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

I promised myself not to buy this... I always spend the cash on this game, and play >10 hours a year.. such a dogshit game
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

I bought one 3-4 years ago and it was pretty much impossible with the controller. I never managed more than 1 lap at monaco without a crash. It was also a bit tedious having to do the praccy session tasks just to gain stars or something in order to be able to upgrade the car.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Releases on Jul 2nd, if you can stomach paying RRP!!!

F1 22 Standard Edition = $89.99
F1 22 Champions Edition = $109.99 (currently $98.95 - 10% off)
Pre-purchase F1 22 on Steam

Dukester

pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

Do the cars porpoise up and down?
eek
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

pixelboy wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:11 pm Do the cars porpoise up and down?
:p :lol:

https://youtube.com/shorts/-pPc9b0P2-s?feature=share
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Codemasters have released a patch today for F1 22 that includes a number of issues affecting the initial release.

Patch notes:
General

– ICE wear rate reduced to be less punishing when aggressively downshifting or over-revving.
– Resolved incorrect collision at Jeddah turn 1.
– Virtual rear mirror visibility setting will now apply correctly.
– Characters on the podium will now appear correctly.
– HUD elements will now appear correctly in split-screen races.
– Addressed an issue where the team badge could appear corrupted after a race weekend in MyTeam.
– Loyalty pack items will now correctly appear in users’ inventory.
– Addressed an issue where using Fanatec Load Cell pedals would result in reduced frame rate.
– Updated MyTeam engine supplier durability ratings (will not affect existing careers).
– Updated fuel amount for Bahrain F1® Sprint events.
– Rain no longer appears within the car in supercar replays.
– Addressed an issue where the race engineer would note a component issue and then immediately state it was resolved.
– Adaptive triggers now have the correct resistance on PC.
– Addressed an issue where AI drivers on flying laps could brake to not pass yielding vehicles.
– Addressed an issue when retiring from Qualifying 1 or 2 despite having a time to move to the next session, would transition to the race.
– Resolved a crash that could occur when joining an in-progress Social Play lobby.
– Sponsors can now be correctly applied to the Player Car.
– General Stability Improvements.
– Various minor fixes.

– Addressed a crash when entering a multiplayer lobby in progress.
– Addressed an issue where the starting grid option could not be modified in multiplayer lobbies.

VR
– Improved performance when companion screen is set to full screen.
– Addressed involuntary head movement when braking or accelerating.

Notes
A firmware update was recently released by Thrustmaster which we believe will resolve a number of issues with those peripherals in F1® 22. We recommended installing this update if you are currently experiencing issues.
Dukester

nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Looks like the Game Pass EA thing you can get 10 hours free.. Loaded up and had a quick go. Im back getting that blurry textures I got in the other F1 games and Dirt 2.0. Normally I get past it by disabling AA.. But cant turn it off in here. zzz
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

F1 22 v1.06 Patch Released
General
F1® 22 Vehicle Performance has been brought more in line with the real season. All F1® Time Trial leaderboards have been reset as a result of this change
ICE/MGU-H wear rate reduced to be less punishing while using automatic transmission
Sector Time indicators will now show the expected colours when completing a lap
Improved AI Logic at Pit Entry and Exit
Addressed an issue where tyre temperatures are reset after pausing the game in online game modes
Addressed an issue where, in some instances, ‘Broadcast’ Safety Car can cause all AI-controlled cars to overtake it, resulting in mass disqualifications
Resolved an issue where Personnel Facility upgrades are not applying to drivers
Fixed an issue where track grip could reduce between qualifying sessions
Addressed an issue on Baku where the player could crash into Turn 15 on Baku when under AI control using flying lap
Addressed an issue with tecpro barriers coming loose on Baku
Colour for sponsors’ decals and badges can now be applied from a pre-set colour slot
General Stability Improvements
Various minor fixes
Marc will now correctly mention icon drivers
Addressed an issue where the wrong graphics card could be chosen on game launch which could have resulted in a crash
Game will now correctly load when using Intel graphics cards (subject to minimum specs and models)
Adjusted networking session searching so that NM14 errors are less likely to occur
AI icon removed from the timing board during broadcast safety car
Corrected Kevin Magnussen’s eye colour
Collisions now correctly reported in UDP data

Two Player Career:
Resolved an issue where, in some instances, players could not advance past Contract Negotiations in Two Player Career
Addressed an issue where players could get stuck after a season break in Two Player Career

Audio
Improved mix of bottoming out in F1 cars, now more audible
Improved performance and mix of tyre scrubs and skids
Added new audio for Mercedes-AMG GT Black Series
Fixed an issue where the Race Engineer could incorrectly mention ‘Racing Point’ instead of Aston Martin
Resolved an issue where headphones could not be selected as radio output device on PlayStation 4/5

Wheels:
Fixed an issue relating to force feedback with several compatible Logitech wheels (G920, G29, and G923)
Fixed an issue where the LED Tachometer (Rev Counter) lights were not working on Logitech wheelbases
LSB & RSB buttons added for Thrustmaster T248 / T128 wheels on Xbox

VR:
Improved performance when companion screen is set to full screen
Addressed involuntary head movement when braking or accelerating
Fixed issue with Oculus Rift CV1 due to Stencil Mesh being enabled by default
Modified default settings to improve general compatibility
Visual quality and performance optimisations

Other:
A deep-dive article covering our changes to handling and Force Feedback can be found here.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Patch 1.08 is available now for F1® 22 on all platforms.

• Rebalancing of AI performance in Career

Please note that this update will apply to all current and existing saves.
After this patch, please anticipate an average decrease in Career difficulty by five. You may need to alter your save game settings for the best experience.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

EA and Codemasters celebrate the USGP this weekend with free access to their F1 22 title. The game will be freely available from tomorrow until 24th October, covering the whole Grand Prix weekend. You can access special price and promotions during that time as well.
F122.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dukester