Australia is so far behind. (Electric cars)

all the ARSE dribble
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Re: Australia is so far behind. (Electric cars)

Post by nutty »

Yeah super cool, our local team has Model S P85's

I must admin, the service model for Tesla is rad.
I had them out a few weeks back, had a problem with a cable from the battery to the charger, had a quick error message pop on the screen when I was driving to the gold coast. Open the app, it has the error message in it, about 3 taps and I get a calendar to make a booking, booked on the screen.

Dude rocks up at my house about 3 days, in my driveway in about 15min he changes the cable tests it and leaves.. zero touch
Brett_S

Post by Brett_S »

Quick drive at lunch to pick up yet another indoor plant and spotted a BMW iX (not sure which model) - base version is 155k!

This is the way the world works, if you want want to find some quality friends you have to wade through all the d**ks first - Eric Cartman
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

That grille is so fucking ugly. Nice interiors on them though. They toned things down for the ix3 styling wise.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

I saw an iX this morning too. Huge and hugely ugly.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

I dunno what's happened to BMW. Their range is all over the place, design-wise and I've actually laughed out loud the first time I've seen some of them in real life because they are almost cartoonishly ugly.

In thread-related news - albeit not in Australia - I've bought a hybrid. A small step towards the EV world :D
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Nice, what did you get?
My Flickr Stream
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

A 2013 Lexus RX 450H. As I'm working from home now, almost all the driving I do is shuttling the family around so I've embraced my old man mode and got something that'll waft us along the motorways. All the reviews said the German options are probably better cars but I didn't want another diesel and I've never had a hybrid before so it's a little gimmick. :)
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Nice.
My Flickr Stream
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

I put the deposit down on a 2023 Toyota Corolla LX Sedan hybrid around 4 weeks ago. Got around a 8 month wait but im not gaggin for a car as its replacing an old 2009 Holden Viva hatch.

We went with the rolla Sedan over the Hatch due to the extra space in the back IF the 3 kids piled in for a local/day trip and the vastly larger boot space. The boot space in the hatch is a joke really. The sedan also had slightly better fuel efficiency numbers but ill probably put a dent in that if I pop a set of aftermarket rims on it. Other deal clincher was the 7" display on the instrument cluster was available in the SX sedan but not in the SX Hatch. To get that option in the Hatch you had to go with the top of the line ZR and I hate leather seats, so this was a win win.

The 23' models will be seeing a bump in the hybrid power train, entertainment suite and a slight restyle of the front grill. Not too keen on when ive seen of that restyle (hexagon shapes being replaced by horizontal) but I bet cleaning the horizontal will be a shit-tonne easier/quicker.

This is out first out of two, full petrol car replacements. We are hoping to get panels on the roof soon and will entertain retiring the 2009 Holden SV6 Sportswagon for a full electric car then. But for now a highly economical hybrid fits us.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

eek
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

This thing looks so shit

Brett_S

Post by Brett_S »

This is the way the world works, if you want want to find some quality friends you have to wade through all the d**ks first - Eric Cartman
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Thats great, atm the coverage down the coast from Brisbane > Wollongong to visit family is good, but a few more options is always helpful