U2 - Sydney

Chat about stuff you listen to or play
SE1Z

U2 - Sydney

Post by SE1Z »

Bloody Ticketek site!!
cant get on to but tickets...

anyone going?

im actually not going, trying to buy the tickets for my gf and her sis... :)
Steve
---
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Re: U2 - Sydney

Post by Exar Kun »

SE1Z wrote:Bloody Ticketek site!!
cant get on to but tickets...

anyone going?

im actually not going, trying to buy the tickets for my gf and her sis... :)
Give up on the net. Best way to get tickets is to either keep hitting redial on the phone or to just go to a ticketek outlet in person.
matticooper

Post by matticooper »

Tickets sold out by 10:00am. (so the site said)
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

:rolf:

http://search.ebay.com.au/U2-Sydney_W0QQfromZR40

Didn't take long! Scalpers are scum.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Damn I wish I knew of this.
What's a 'sclaper'? ( I think I have and idea tho not sure )
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

ysu wrote:Damn I wish I knew of this.
Scalpers are people who buy up heaps of tickets with the only purpose of selling them on for profit. I don't mind people who legitimately decide they can't go later on for whatever reason but it's obvious that since these have appeared so fast that these people are just after a quick buck. It marred "Splendour in the Grass" earlier this year when a massive amount of the tickets were bought by scalpers so people that wanted to go just couldn't afford to at the inflated prices the tickets were being sold for.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Exar Kun wrote:
ysu wrote:Damn I wish I knew of this.
Scalpers are people who buy up heaps of tickets with the only purpose of selling them on for profit. I don't mind people who legitimately decide they can't go later on for whatever reason but it's obvious that since these have appeared so fast that these people are just after a quick buck. It marred "Splendour in the Grass" earlier this year when a massive amount of the tickets were bought by scalpers so people that wanted to go just couldn't afford to at the inflated prices the tickets were being sold for.
Thanks mate that's what I thought :( I was hoping it's not present in Australia, as you can live pretty well on any kind of job generally.
I's almost a business form back in Hungary...:(

Even if I can afford it I dont' buy from those scum, (indeed they are) on principle.
I wish everybody would do the same so they'd just go broke :D
matticooper

Post by matticooper »

yeah... did a search myself about an hour ago... VIP tickets going cheap at $2,650... worth $670. That's a nice profit. You would think that Ebay would cancel those sales?
matticooper

Post by matticooper »

Take a look at some of the prices going on eBay. Now would be a great time to be a scalper...

http://search.ebay.com.au/U2-SYDNEY_W0Q ... Z2QQfsopZ3

prices sorted by highest to the top. There are a few auctions with bids on them and frighteningly HIGH in price. Surely they have to realise there will be a 2nd concert.... :rolleyes:
breakneck

Post by breakneck »

I could list at least 100 bands I'd see before u2.. and that's if the concert was free! bugger paying >$1000!! :fall:
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Break, I love U2, but I still would not pay 1000 bucks to see & hear them. Even the original price is outrageous imho.
But idiots paying up to those scalpers....bah
Gizmo
forum fairy - in a gay way!
forum fairy - in a gay way!

Post by Gizmo »

I got my tickets for the brisbane show :D

Try ebay if your real desprate. But they are selling for alot more than what there worth...lol
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

yeh... bloody scammers :)

they have announced another show in sydney and melb.
syd will be april 1.

Im not actually going, its for the missus :D
Steve
---
EzyRider

Post by EzyRider »

6 X A RESERVE TICKETS- U2 Sydney

6 x GREAT TICKETS (in a row)- SYDNEY 31ST MARCH
This seller accepts PayPal AU $12,000.00
AU $12,500.00
-

:wtf:

$12,000 for 6 bloody tickets?
Middle Pack Racing Watch your mirrors!

Norbs on Germaine Greer: "..that crusty old slag can tongue kiss my quivering sphincter muscle, fuck her and the pretentious boat she fucking sailed in on."
Gusto

Post by Gusto »

They're also coming to adelaide at the end of March, but I wont be here to enjoy it :( Hopefully they announce a concert in Tokyo before the end of 2006 ;)
Latch

Post by Latch »

GustoAU wrote:Hopefully they announce a concert in Tokyo before the end of 2006 ;)
At least then your view won't be blocked by the tall guys :D
TIMMY30

Post by TIMMY30 »

Latch wrote:
GustoAU wrote:Hopefully they announce a concert in Tokyo before the end of 2006 ;)
At least then your view won't be blocked by the tall guys :D
:rofl:

U2 dont do much for me either, dunno if id pay $1000 to see any band.
matticooper

Post by matticooper »

LOL Timmy..

I question $100 to see any band. The DVD is usually only $34.95 at the very most and the seats are more comfortable.
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Listening to Triple J today - I may have mis-heard due to the noisy surrounds of work but apparently Kayne West is the support act for U2! Who is Kayne West you ask? He is a rapper.....hmmmmmmm, for some reason I don't think the fans of U2 will be impressed, especially the hardcore ones, and especially if they have paid a shitload for their tickets!

Please correct me if I'm wrong, It certainly seems wrong to me! :melt:
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Damn double post, see below
Last edited by Hz-Lab on Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Enforcer-J wrote:Listening to Triple J today - I may have mis-heard due to the noisy surrounds of work but apparently Kayne West is the support act for U2! Who is Kayne West you ask? He is a rapper.....hmmmmmmm, for some reason I don't think the fans of U2 will be impressed, especially the hardcore ones, and especially if they have paid a shitload for their tickets!

Yeah but Kanye West is more a contemporary rapper, not so much a "gangsta" rapper. Not really targetting the youth audience like say your eminems or 50 cents. I think you'd be suprised how many U2 fans would find Kanye Wests music tolerable. Think of his Grammy Grabbing track "Jesus Walks". That attracted a huge audience, young and old.

And i can't understand why anyone is paying to go to U2? i thought they were all Pro-Bono...........

AHAHAHAHA.....ZING.... ok, that was bad i know
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Enforcer-J wrote:Listening to Triple J today - I may have mis-heard due to the noisy surrounds of work but apparently Kayne West is the support act for U2! Who is Kayne West you ask? He is a rapper.....hmmmmmmm, for some reason I don't think the fans of U2 will be impressed, especially the hardcore ones, and especially if they have paid a shitload for their tickets!

Rage Against the Machine supported U2 (quite) a few years back. I can't imagine that RATM were much to the tastes of the majority of U2 fans either. They did have a similar political message in their music, however. :tilt:
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Exar Kun wrote:

Rage Against the Machine supported U2 (quite) a few years back. I can't imagine that RATM were much to the tastes of the majority of U2 fans either. They did have a similar political message in their music, however. :tilt:
yeah bands dont always have to be similar style to be on the same bill. Crikey, Insane Clown Posse were Supported by Jerk.. they're miles apart. I personally would prefer to see a bit of variety for my dollar