Mods/Apps.

This game convinced norbs to buy a new computer!
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Re: Mods/Apps.

Post by Duke »

rmi_wood has brought ChiefWiggum’s Alfa Romeo Tipo 33TT12 from rFactor 2 to Assetto Corsa.

Features
– Dyno specific, Carlo Chiti-designed, all-aluminium 2995cc V12 engine
– Number matched gearbox
– 6 Historic liveries matched to the real-world chassis numbers (+7 fictional skins)
– Historic feel, historic performance
– LightsFX / ParticlesFX / InstrumentsFX = CSP enhanced, not needed

Changelog
– added physics updates by Arch
– added extra tire compounds
– much aero tweaks
– headlights less yellow
– data packed
– AI tires aligned
– lots of testing and contemplation

The Tipo 33TT12 was Alfa Romeo’s weapon of choice for competition in the World Sports Car Championships starting with the 1973 season. Driven by such legendary drivers as Arturo Merzario, Vittorio Brambilla, Jacques Laffite & Derek Bell, the car finally took World Championship honors in 1975, winning seven out of eight championship rounds.

DOWNLOAD ALFA ROMEO TIPO 33TT12 FOR ASSETTO COSA on RACE DEPARTMENT
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

RaceSimStudio (RSS) currently have a lot of their content on sale, some of it is even free. :yes:

Head over to their shop to grab a bargain for a limited time only.

https://racesimstudio.com/shop
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

So my boy has gotten heavily into racing the V8SCorsa mod over the last few months, creating his own custom championships, etc.
It got me back into AC as well, especially exploring what new mods are around these days & holy cataclysmic crapola!!!

First off is the whole Custom Shaders Patch from the Dev of Content Manager, which completely transforms the look of AC.
I even paid (to his patreon) to get the Preview version of CSP that brings full dynamic rain effects to AC.
Next was the Weather app "SOL" which I am sure you all know brings dynamic weather to AC, including an accurate solar & star system.
Combined & with some of the other 3rd party PP Filters it is hardly recognisable as AC at times.

I then found some free car mods from the bigger design houses like RSS, VRC & the like.
I can't believe the level of detail on some of them, including on one OW car where the headrest moves into place as you enter the car (using a door animation I presume.)

Tracks themselves are probably the least improved from what I remember but with CSP it does bring them up in graphical level to some degree.
Mind you I haven't explored a lot of newly developed tracks yet although it does appear many of the new tracks are ports from other sims like the F1 & Forza franchises, etc.

One thing I still struggle with, like I did in the past is the whole version control of mods.
Other than Race Department, you never really know if once mod on one website is the same as on another website or that the version you find is the latest most recent version. Although I have found 2 Google Sheets that goes someway with this;
'AC Tracks Listing 3.0 by Breathe’
Assetto Corsa Content + Mods List

Why wasn't AC like this back when it was released & we were racing it each week...
So who here still fires up AC &/or has the full gamut of mods in their library?

Now I am off to find more mods to try, any of your recommendations are appreciated!!! :p
Dukester

norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Content manager needs a simple mode. I appreciate all the shizzle it does, but you need hours in it to get it working properly.

The reason it wasnt like that at release is that it has taken the the best part of 10 years to work it all out.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

I do agree with you on CM norbs.

While most of it is what you can find & do in the AC Menu albeit much different & more text heavy. The CSP options are bewildering with many not really reflecting or stating what they actually do. Mind you leaving CSP on the default options is bloody good & will satisfy most users in my opinion.

I also forgot to mention this excellent thread on GTPlanet for mod track reviews by gutbomb: Assetto Corsa Track reviewsPC
Dukester

KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Really been enjoying Feldbergring by Fat-Alfie.

Took me a few attempts to nail this lap driving at 100%. Last two turns are so rewarding to get right. They remind me of the Masta Kink from Spa.

The Feldbergring race took place every year in Taunus, Germany, from 1920-1928, from 1934-1936, and lastly from 1950-1954. I have made the last version they raced on. The circuit was 11.6km long and held on public roads, with a height differential of 280m. It was used for the German Motorcycle Championship, as well as single-seater sports cars.

For 1955, the authorities demanded that a bypass was built around the village of Oberreifenberg, which was not made. This meant the end for the Feldbergring, and as a result of the terrible accident at the 1955 Le Mans race, many motorsport event throughout Europe were cancelled or suspended in subsequent years.

https://www.racedepartment.com/download ... ing.21195/
Bails MacKenzie

Post by Bails MacKenzie »

I've been going through the American Tracks Sergio Loro makes at:
https://f3classictracks.sellfy.store/

Pretty good, especially in an older car, sliding a Lotus Cortina around Stardust Raceway is bloody good fun, Greenwood is also a gem with a very tricky first 3 corners, like Bridgehampton but even faster
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Bails MacKenzie wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:17 pm I've been going through the American Tracks Sergio Loro makes at:
https://f3classictracks.sellfy.store/

Oooo those look great, thanks.

Ive been getting back into what initially sparked my love for sim racing lately. Classic old historic tracks that will kill you if you venture off frack. :)
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Some might enjoy these guys work as well: https://thracing.de/
(looking at you KNAPPO)
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado