IN the last week or so i have gone neg at MONACO, MOSPORT and ROUN
in 67 cars
so there :lol:
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

congratulations :D
Fast Company

Post by Fast Company »

Hey guys, I've gotta say its great to be back.... after not driving a 67 for over 9 months I'll be the first to admit its been tough. Old PB's seamed light years away, but with some help from some ol' hands I'm getting back to within striking distance at most tracks..... only 1 new PB so far, at Rouen I managed a 1.55:9, been close at Monza and Mex so after Christmas it'll be "no holes barred"

I fly back to Tassie on Sunday evening for 2 weeks so after nearly 3 months away you could say I'm looking foward to it. (dont expect to see me online much if ya know wot I mean...:D)

anyway you lot, have a great and safe Christmas and I'll see you all again in the new year and we'll carry on in the true tradition that is ARSE.

god bless......

cheers, Johnno
He who hesitates............. is lost
hankstar

Post by hankstar »

Happy Festivus Johnny, and to all the ARSEs :)
TassieDevil

Woohoo !

Post by TassieDevil »

As I've been a bit crook, this is the first decent drive I've had in GPL for quite a few weeks... and wot a bewdy.. :)

Naturally, just a drive or 2 wasn't enuff... I had to go completely mental...

Update time: Nürburgring 1967, Brabham time 8:18.072 session P improvement -11.214 NEG

Update time: Rouen-les-Essarts 1967, Cooper time 1:58.041 session R improvement -1.935 NEG

Update time: Spa Francorchamps 1967, Ferrari time 3:19.568 session R improvement -2.911 NEG

and later, after all the other sane PPL had gone to bed...

Update time: Mosport Park 1967, BRM time 1:22.785 session T improvement -1.904 NEG

Update time: Nürburgring 1967, BRM time 8:17.934 session T improvement -11.524 NEG

Update time: Nürburgring 1967, Cooper time 8:20.638 session T improvement -3.542 NEG

Update time: Nürburgring 1967, Honda time 8:23.938 session T improvement -5.229 KNEW IT WOULDN'T LAST.. :p

Monster of GPLRank score = -52.096 (change of -20.735)

Damn my arms are sore... :melt:
TassieDevil :yes:
Push to test... Release to detonate.
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

Nice times Tassie!!!! :D
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

Thats a damn fine effort!
TassieDevil

Post by TassieDevil »

aww BUGGA

Damn I've been tryin for a loooong time to get a 1:04 at Watkins Glen. I know we don't drive it as much as we used to, but it's not one of those tracks that U forget very easily.. :P

How cruel...

Update time: Watkins Glen Int. 1967, Eagle time 1:05.003 session P improvement -0.013

GPLRank score = -25.401 (change of -0.013)
Monster of GPLRank score = -63.494 (change of -0.013)

Oh well.. worth a chuckle I spose... :shake:
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

TassieDevil wrote:Update time: Watkins Glen Int. 1967, Eagle time 1:05.003 session P improvement -0.013
Damn that's frustrating. Good time though, not easy to do a 5 flat at WG.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

w00dsy wrote:
TassieDevil wrote:Update time: Watkins Glen Int. 1967, Eagle time 1:05.003 session P improvement -0.013
Damn that's frustrating. Good time though, not easy to do a 5 flat at WG.
Fully. I wonder how many people have had to endure the 8:00.1 lap at the 'ring too. It's often hard to go back when you work your arse off to fall short by such a small amount. Keep at it Gary - you'll get there. :yes:

:tilt:
hankstar

Post by hankstar »

Good work Taz! Good to see there are still people going hard :)

by the way I just went neg at Nurby in the 65s - very bloody satisfying!
TassieDevil

Post by TassieDevil »

Thx guys, yea I'm still workin at learning how to drive... :melt:

Went NEG in the Ferrari @ Monaco last night with the guys.... thought I'd clear the rest up while I'm on a roll...

New time: Monaco 1967, BRM time 1:28.264 session T
New time: Monaco 1967, Cooper time 1:28.419 session T
New time: Monaco 1967, Ferrari time 1:28.020 session T
New time: Monaco 1967, Honda time 1:28.727 session T

GPLRank score = -26.076 (no change)
Monster of GPLRank score = -84.217 (change of -10.064)

So that's it for another track... all green :vibes:

Just 6 lil red blemishes to go... 3 at Spa, 3 at Kya.. :fall:

Oh, and Hank... I'm nippin at yur heels rankwise, mate :p
9ra55h0ppaH
Master artist
Master artist

Post by 9ra55h0ppaH »

how many of you GPL'ers actually 'know' the ring?
i drive it blind if i ever play GPL (that hasnt happened in a while, i dont get this powersliding stuff :( )

Hopefully GT4 will change that :)
Now with Added Flickr
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

9ra55h0ppaH wrote:how many of you GPL'ers actually 'know' the ring?
i drive it blind if i ever play GPL (that hasnt happened in a while, i dont get this powersliding stuff :( )

By 'know', do you mean could I describe every corner in succession around a lap off the top of my head? Yes, I could do that. As for knowing braking points etc. well I think I've managed to forget most of those. :melt:
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

9ra55h0ppaH wrote:how many of you GPL'ers actually 'know' the ring?

Yeah you have too to go fast, i can drive it in my mind quite easily, doesn't make me fast there though :D It's really not that hard once you've done a few lasp there. You can do what Norbs did when he went negative there. Get yourself a little dictaphone thing and navigate yourself around there 'left, right, right...' Only trouble was, on his fast lap there he was=going faster than the tape and was a corner or two in front of it :doh:
TassieDevil

Post by TassieDevil »

w00dsy wrote:
Yeah you have too to go fast, i can drive it in my mind quite easily, doesn't make me fast there though :D It's really not that hard once you've done a few lasp there. You can do what Norbs did when he went negative there. Get yourself a little dictaphone thing and navigate yourself around there 'left, right, right...' Only trouble was, on his fast lap there he was=going faster than the tape and was a corner or two in front of it :doh:

ROFL....Oh man, that's bloody funny..... :) Go ARSErs ! :)

(In fact that's SO good, I reckon we should boost that one over to the "Are You Inventive" thread.... Introducing the all-new NORBS-TRAINER 1000. First there was RING TRAINER and now THIS! You too can now master the grand-daddy of all racing circuits. Listen to the voice of reason with NORBS as your Nurby co-pilot. He'll expertly guide you around each and every corner and you'll be ASTONISHED at the improvements in your lap times. Just wait till you're hammering down that looong straight... you can SMELL the finish line, and your 3 sector times are the best you've ever had... only to fuck it up completely on the last chicane. Which is when, incidentally, you'll need the NORBS ARMCO REMOVAL CREAM..... ARRRGGHHHH !!!!! Call NOW for your copy on tape or CD of the NORBS-TRAINER 1000. And ask our operators about the complimentary hair replacement therapy for after you've done 1000 laps trying to go NEG with the NORBS-TRAINER 1000 ! )

:lol:

Agreed tho... it ain't that hard to learn the sequence of corners... honest ! What's hard was getting it thru my thick skull that pushing as hard as U can is NOT the way to go NEG there..... the secret is to take it EASY and know where the 4 or 5 dangerous locations are. Well, that's how I just did it... :nod: It woulda been so much easier with the NORBS-TRAINER 1000 tho.... ;)
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

LOL, good idea Gary.

Yep, driving 9/10ths is the key there. Fast but don't try and knock a tenth off at every corner. At least until you know it inside out. But i'm the same as Tassie, i have a couple of nasty spots on the track, so i just try not to over do it in those bits.
hankstar

Post by hankstar »

TassieDevil wrote:
.. Hank... I'm nippin at yur heels rankwise, mate ..
Good times indeed mate! I may have to re-teach myself how to drive those behemoths :) or maybe finally succumb to the lure of the Lotus 49 and hack away at all my Eagle times ...

You may have a coupla secs to gain here though, old chum :D http://gplrank.schuerkamp.de/php-pub/us ... 14,2,13254

But then, I've got as much to make up on bloody Aldo :shake:
arm271

Pattern

Post by arm271 »

Am i the only one seeing a patern here?:wink: