Regular GT legends meetings

GTR1 & 2, GT Legends etc
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

SHoNKY wrote:Add me to the list of people having their ass handed to them by Michelle. :lol:
:rofl:
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Barge

Post by Barge »

had to order from Games Warehouse....anyway, any night is good for me until april, when i go back to my late shift. Sin i reckon you can pay me back big time, tho i grew up in a house with an Alfa so it's in the blood :D ... I hope GTL is a good as it promises to be. Sadly S2 didn't get me, and rFactor needs mods...hopefully GTL gets me back into racing sims....
Acerlyte

Post by Acerlyte »

Wow! Little surprising to see interest in GTL rising rapidly in Aus! Not a bad thing by the way, just from a lot of pre GTL comments by some I expected only a few to get it :)

Looking forward to Monday nights race :)
Barge

Post by Barge »

GPL is the sim that got me into all this in the first place. I think there is something really attractive about racing older cars. Simpler, sexier, harder to control. GTL, if it's as good as it could be, has that element. I never bothered with GTR coz it was same old cars same old tracks...but racing an Alfa GT or a GT40, Ferrari 250, well, is something i'd love to do in rl.
I just hope to hell the netcode alows for real racing and not tip toeing around avoiding lag and warping fuzzy things that sound like wasps..
Anyway, still waiting for my copy...
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

so far I've seen 2 starts where someone started from obscure locations, both times the person was lagging if I remember correctly (first I'm sure, they were euros, the second I'm not so sure)

These start locations were
- in trees (the top of course)
- in the stands

but once it started so far seemed ok. Hopefully it'll remain so.
PoTzy

Post by PoTzy »

Bring on the GTL racing, I'm in all the way!!!!!!!!
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

:rofl: starting in the trees... at least it wasn't 10 cars all sharing the same grid position like in GTR.

I agree barge. Nothing better than racing classic cars and GTL, from the little I have played it, is very very good... It's a bloody good sim actually. I wasn't to keen on getting GTL at first, mostly because of the bitter GTR taste I had. Glad I have it now though. Classic cars are my favourite, I prefer a mechanical beast as the only AI driving the car should be me... :D

No downforce, no fat slicks... always works for me :D

As for the netcode, I've only done about 30 mins online and it seemed OK. I was a bit dissappointed to be pinging 150 - 200, but then I have no idea where the server was in Australia and what connection it was on. Even though the ping was highish for me, it was still playable. The cars warped a little more than it does in LFS with the same highish pings, but it was still playable even when bunched up. :D
PoTzy

Post by PoTzy »

Yep I'm the same, I love old cars and pure grunt. Hell I own a 35 year old car. 4 wheel drifting and big power slides with the noise of a monster V8 just goes down a treat.
I've been playing online mostly overseas with an average 350 ping and
found the netcode fantastic, some warping but generally really good.
Love the game and look forward to more Aus players online.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Rots wrote: ... It's a bloody good sim actually.I wasn't to keen on getting GTL at first, mostly because of the bitter GTR taste I had. Glad I have it now though.
same here :)
Rots wrote:No downforce, no fat slicks...
Wait till you get the pantera, it's quite a racecar, using bias-ply slicks. It even has some downforce.

I have to admit I like it better than the all-over-the-place basic ones, but they are fun too, hehe. The cobra is a bitch tho.
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

There were a couple of guys from WA (i think) that used to race panteras at the speedway in the super sedan class. They used to come over to tassie once a year for the local grand prix. Most people who know speedway would know of the grand prix at latrobe speedway. Anyways, because of the position of the engine in those beasts those guys were about 20 degress more sideways than any other car out on the track, they were really something to watch.

I dont remember them ever doing any good but when they were at full noise the sound was incredible. :)
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

ysu wrote:
Rots wrote: ... It's a bloody good sim actually.I wasn't to keen on getting GTL at first, mostly because of the bitter GTR taste I had. Glad I have it now though.
same here :)
Rots wrote:No downforce, no fat slicks...
Wait till you get the pantera, it's quite a racecar, using bias-ply slicks. It even has some downforce.

I have to admit I like it better than the all-over-the-place basic ones, but they are fun too, hehe. The cobra is a bitch tho.
I took it for a test-drive the other day, loads of fun even with slicks and some downforce :D

The TVR sounds wicked :D
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Rots wrote:The TVR sounds wicked :D
Sure does, and third gear powerslides out of Tamburello at Imola every single time. :D
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Is there a track corner names map database somewhere available?

I see more and more people mentioning named corners on tracks and I have ideas only on tracks which were in GTR and even there only those which had some sort of significance to me - or was easy to remember like the 'bus stop' chicane.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

All you could ever want and more. :tilt:

http://www.racingcircuits.net/
Barge

Post by Barge »

ok you all have to shut up now until i get this damn GTL.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Exar Kun wrote:All you could ever want and more. :tilt:

Wow, thanks

Edit:
faaark this is seriously good:
http://www.imolacircuit.it/visita_en.php?lan=en
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

funny you mentioned that eh...

I am in the process of putting this together to go with my Driving guide...

Guess i was too slow, but the links will help... i guess its just to stimulate me more that anything, if the information is available elsewhere..... :nod:
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
pogo

Post by pogo »

ysu wrote:
Exar Kun wrote:All you could ever want and more. :tilt:

Wow, thanks

Edit:
faaark this is seriously good:
http://www.imolacircuit.it/visita_en.php?lan=en
Sloppy looking lap but very cool :yes:
Acerlyte

Post by Acerlyte »

Is there going to be a race tonight still? Been putting the Cortina through it's paces at Zolder :D
Speed

Post by Speed »

There certainly is, we'll be posting results tomorrow.
I recommend getting in early. With any luck we'll have a full house. :)

If all goes well,( big if :D ) , I'm planning the same again next Monday at Hockenheim GP.
PoTzy

Post by PoTzy »

and what time might this race be on if I may ask?
Ok, looking back through the posts it looks like 9 pm?
Speed

Post by Speed »

I had one of my most enjoyable races ever, online last night.
Potzy & I had a ding dong battle for the full 20 laps at Zolder. We rubbed panels more than once & even went side by side into the second chicane. I don't know about Potzy, but my pooper valve was firmly clenched to my chair & I was sweating seriously.
The lead changed 5 times with Potzy taking the win by 0.6 of a second.
Acerlyte was having a great race with Michelle 'til on about lap 10 when he had suspension failure braking at the first chicane & his car speared right, straight into the armco & destroyed his engine. Michelle finished 3rd.
Simon Davis had an uneventful day finishing a lonely 4th. A good drive considering he's only had the game a few days.
Brad Staffy sacked his whole pit crew & team manager when they didn't fuel the car for the race. He & Ysu had a pretty awesome dice for the first couple of laps til Ysu misjudged the gap & they had a touch. Ysu was able to claw his way back to 5th after dropping to 9th.
Wayne Legge had his first online race & did a great job watching his mirrors & moving out of the way.

Qualifying times

Race positions

Fastest laps

I'll host a EDIT: "TC65" ( all cars) race at Hockenheim GP same time next Monday, the 9th.
9:00 E.S.T. - 15 mins Practise
9:15 - 30 mins Qualifying
9:45 - 20 Lap Race. :yes:
Last edited by Speed on Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Ah yeah, it was a great race. I'm so sorry I've rubbed the back of Staffy out of the way right in that tight corner.
I could not really do any competitive racing learning in with my trackIR, but in two weeks I'll be ok again, I hope.
I should be able to chase Michelle around for a few laps at least :D
Speed

Post by Speed »

Have you played with the profile on your TrackIR Ysu?
I found that for the first week or so I had to set it so that the movement was very small. Otherwise I got motion sickness. I have gradually increased the sensitvity until I now have a setting that I'm happy with.
I still find that the standard racing profile is a little too sensitive for me, though that is the setting that Michelle uses on hers.

To start with I disabled the Roll axis totally. ( A roll movement is really disconcerting). I created a small deadzone & also increased the smoothing setting. I also shifted the entire "Yaw" curve down a touch.
I no longer have a deadzone & have decreased my smoothing, but still have the "Roll" disabled.

If you want to email me, I could send you my profile to try, if you like.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Speed wrote:Have you played with the profile on your TrackIR Ysu?
I found that for the first week or so I had to set it so that the movement was very small. Otherwise I got motion sickness. I have gradually increased the sensitvity until I now have a setting that I'm happy with.
I still find that the standard racing profile is a little too sensitive for me, though that is the setting that Michelle uses on hers.

To start with I disabled the Roll axis totally. ( A roll movement is really disconcerting). I created a small deadzone & also increased the smoothing setting. I also shifted the entire "Yaw" curve down a touch.
I no longer have a deadzone & have decreased my smoothing, but still have the "Roll" disabled.

If you want to email me, I could send you my profile to try, if you like.
hehe, I've done pretty much the same changes ;)
Altho I did not disable the roll, just put in a huge deadzone.

I did not get any motion-sickness yesterday, it's one step forward already, but I'm still slow, and sometimes(often to be honest) mis-judging the movement of the car...which makes it very hard to drive the panthera for example. Spinnning every second corner, dammit...

And the smoothing I had to reduce straight away, it was very disturbing as it seems to give a little 'lag' to it, which just made things worse :-)

Ah, and also went in the .plr file and changed the side look angle max, 90deg wasn't enough for me :)